Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live flight information - Dublin Airport

Options
  • 20-06-2006 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,014 ✭✭✭✭

I am waiting for my dad who is coming in from Dublin to Glasgow on the 09:30 Aer Lingus flight. I am about 30 minutes drive to Glasgow Airport so I normally check the live departures board on the Dublin Airport website to check for delays. Previously, nothing was reported on the website so I left only to get to Glasgow Airport to find that the Dublin flight is delayed. I am sitting here checking the website, nothing is reported so I phone Dublin airport and they tell me that the flight has not left yet!! They cannot explain why the live board is not showing it.

I thought these things are linked to the same computer that drives the boards in the airport. Anyone know if this is the case?

The use of the internet is a massive advantage especially when you are waiting for someone but it is only an advantage if it is used correctly by the inputting side.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I've not had problems the other way around, i.e. looking at the Dublin arrivals times to know when to pick someone up from Dublin, and they're certainly regularly updated with any delays. Maybe they update the arrival times, but not the departure times?

So, maybe you'd be better off checking the arrivals times at Glasgow, rather than the departure times from Dublin. In addition to that they'll maybe also factor in any time gain the pilot might have been able to make, although on such a short hop that isn't going to amount to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

You'd probably be better off checking the departure/arrival infor on the Aer Lingus site, or alternatively you could access the information on RTE - http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p572.htm

BBC ceefax used to have flight information too (no idea of what page, sorry).
    I thought these things are linked to the same computer that drives the boards in the airport. Anyone know if this is the case?

One would think so!! ;) I really have no idea....

Advertisement