Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage on Probation

Options
  • 17-04-2019 3:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hey guys, my partner and I have been told that the landlord is going to sell. However he is willing to sell to us before it hits the open market. Unfortunately, we have both started new jobs and are about 2 months into 6 months probationary period. Is it possible to get a loan while on probation? Secondly, someone advised that we use Finance Ireland, who are apparently a little less stringent, however you do need a broker. Can anyone recommend a broker? (The ones I used were consistently trying to push us back towards banks)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

This is in massively the wrong forum, I've reported to ask a mod to move.

I would suspect you have zero chance for the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

You could possibly get approvals based on passing probation and not being able to drawdown until your probation has passed. To be honest, both of you inner jobs you would bring up some red flags. Maybe a broker could advise more on it. Best of luck with it.
    ZilkyG wrote: »
    Hey guys, my partner and I have been told that the landlord is going to sell. However he is willing to sell to us before it hits the open market. Unfortunately, we have both started new jobs and are about 2 months into 6 months probationary period. Is it possible to get a loan while on probation? Secondly, someone advised that we use Finance Ireland, who are apparently a little less stringent, however you do need a broker. Can anyone recommend a broker? (The ones I used were consistently trying to push us back towards banks)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

bri007 wrote: »
    You could possibly get approvals based on passing probation and not being able to drawdown until your probation has passed. To be honest, both of you inner jobs you would bring up some red flags. Maybe a broker could advise more on it. Best of luck with it.

I second this. I used pepper(now finance ireland) at one point and although i could get AIP, they required me to pass probation before drawdown.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭ZilkyG

Fol20 wrote: »
    I second this. I used pepper(now finance ireland) at one point and although i could get AIP, they required me to pass probation before drawdown.

Did you use a broker to go through finance Ireland? I've heard good things about them, but like I said, brokers seem keen on "wait until you finish and I'll contact some banks"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

ZilkyG wrote: »
    Did you use a broker to go through finance Ireland? I've heard good things about them, but like I said, brokers seem keen on "wait until you finish and I'll contact some banks"

I was going for a commercial loan so it might be different and it was with pepper at the time which have now been bought out by finance ireland. I had to use a broker but i was able to get aip before passing probation. It was more drawdown that was key

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

I did this with KBC but I could not drawdown the loan until probation was completed.
    Started seriously looking after three months in the job, went Sale Agreed after four months (KBC told me this was fine as long as I was confident that I would pass probation as the buying process would take at least two months anyway). Was able to complete 99% of the process while still on probation, then once I passed probabtion and gave the letter to the bank - I could then drawdown.

Advertisement