Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trouble with Eir tv and broadband

• 30-09-2020 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I recently moved county and kept our service provider EIR. The wifi speed is now terrible and very unstable. The tv guide does not load. We cannot make video calls. Upload speed is zero. Download speed sporadic. Cannot stream movies. This is advertised as high speed fibre broadband. I have been 3 months logging faults and calling the customer care and tech teams with no avail. Customer care blames the tech dept and the tech dept blames customer care. I have logged numerous faults where noone has contacted me back. Tech team has hung up on me a few times after they could not offer resolutions. Other tech team members have said they will log faults and have not. I have tried to cancel and they are demanding a €400 cancellation fee. I have spent nearly €100 the past few months on phone calls trying to resolve this. I cannot express how bad their service has been. Avoid at all costs. Anyone have any suggestions for me please on how to get out of this contract. I am not paying a 400 fee for something I am not at fault for

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

You have a right to adequate service.

Block the direct debits from Eir via your bank.

Lodge a complaint with Comreg. Detail your interactions and the compensation you want.

Email the Eir CEO carolan.lennon@eir.ie.

Consider a small court claim against Eir to get your money back.

Advertisement