Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airpods Pro Battery Question

Options
  • 24-06-2020 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I need a new pair of wireless earphones and I'm considering buying the Airpod Pros. I'm not crazy on them in terms of value for money but I'd mainly be using them with my iPhone when commuting and they sound like they're head and shoulders above other options when working with Apple devices, at least from what I've read but I'm open to correction?

I'm wondering what the battery lifetime is like on them though. i.e. surely if they're being constantly recharged in the case while not in use then the battery deteriorates fairly quickly? Anyone who's had a pair for a while able to shed any light on how the battery performance holds up over time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Well they're only charging when they need a charge and also the product is fairly new so people don't know how they'll manage over the long term.

I have a paid for just over a month now and I'm happy with them.

Whilst they may not have the most amazing sound for music compared to an over ear headphones, they're great for calls and also they work seamlessly with iOS.

That's going to get better in the near future with the announcement last week of firmware upgrade bringing auto switching between iOS devices and also new surround sound (with Dolby Atmos) makes them very appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Curious about the lifetime myself.

I have Dolby Atmos for headphones on the Xbox. Always wished it was on more products.
    It’s actually pretty good. Works well for gaming. On Netflix it’s excellent though. You hear everything.
    It’s the reason my Xbox is my main media player.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I have mine since launch day and they are still holding a charge perfectly, and i use them a LOT.

The only issue I'm having lately, is now that i'm back in the gym, the M size tips are beginning to slip in the ears ever so slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

You can get AppleCare for €29 which protects against battery degradation below 80% within 2 years. Bear in mind you have 6 years under Irish consumer law if deemed not fit for purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Mr.S wrote: »
    Also have them since launch and I find the battery holds up well.

The only thing they are awful at, is calls.

In what way?

Everyone I know who has a pair thing they are amazing for calls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Curious how long would you expect to get out of them to be value for money? I’d say 3 years. Definitely 2.

Advertisement