Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Public beta 3 is out

Why would they get rid of the weather widget?

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Are the banking (KBC, N26) apps working on the beta?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

The weather widget is still present in the latest beta.
    Are the banking (KBC, N26) apps working on the beta?

N26, AIB and Revolut all working fine. I’ve yet to test KBC but I’ll report back later if no one else confirms.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

From a snoop around the interwebs, looks like some people are reporting it missing with PB3. For those affected it looks like the fix is "Delete the widget, then open the Weather app. This should add the widget to the pane again."

AppleInsider reported one of the Developer Beta 3 changes as "Weather widgets in iPadOS was removed".

https://appleinsider.com/articles/20/07/22/all-the-new-features-and-changes-in-ios-14-beta-3

Not sure if that's true or just a manifestation of the issue some people are seeing.

• Advertisement

Mine went blank when I updated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

peteeeed wrote: »
    Mine went blank when I updated

Same happened here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Restart the device it should bring back any missing icons and widgets.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Restart the device it should bring back any missing icons and widgets.

nice one

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

N26, AIB and Revolut all working fine. I’ve yet to test KBC but I’ll report back later if no one else confirms.

Thanks! Yeah the KBC app is the only reason I’m holding off for now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Metalpanic

Can’t seem to remove pages from the floating stack. Anyone else have that problem? I can only change the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭djdunny

Not sure if it’s a standard feature or a glitch for me. When I edit the home screen, tap on the dots, it brings me to a screen which allows me to tick/untick homescreen pages. Should I be able to move the order of the pages?

My issue is that the page I usually had as my 2nd page is now last and would like to easy arrange the order rather than having to move all the apps individually.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

djdunny wrote: »
    Not sure if it’s a standard feature or a glitch for me. When I edit the home screen, tap on the dots, it brings me to a screen which allows me to tick/untick homescreen pages. Should I be able to move the order of the pages?

My issue is that the page I usually had as my 2nd page is now last and would like to easy arrange the order rather than having to move all the apps individually.

That’s standard. It’s so you can hide walls of apps and folders and just have what you regularly use and then access other apps in the App Library.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Thanks! Yeah the KBC app is the only reason I’m holding off for now.

KBC is working on the current beta. Only got around to testing today as I had to ring them up because I forgot to transfer my account when I wiped my other phone.

Nothing I do (I found a good few threads about the issue with possible fixes) will make the weather widget reappear.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Have you opened the weather app itself? That fixed it for me.

Yep. Uninstalled it and reinstalled it, uninstalled rebooted and reinstalled, uninstalled reinstalled opened and rebooted, and every other combination I can think of. It’s not an option in the list any more.

Weather widget also gone on ipad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

How are people finding the battery life?

Obviously it's a beta, but I'm certainly seeing a bit more of an impact on my XR.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Installed Pb3 last night, it was quite like so just made sure installed and then put the phone on charge and went to sleep.

Woke up this morning to find out my 11 Pro Max no doesn’t accept wireless charging. 🀦ðŸ¼*♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Developer beta 4 will include exposure notifications. Assume the public beta released later in the week will include it too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Dev Beta 4 is out now

Hopefully they’ll add a Dark Sky widget in place of the missing Weather one.

Developer beta 4 will include exposure notifications. Assume the public beta released later in the week will include it too.

This is tremendous news. I’ve been holding off until exposure notifications were enabled.

24 hours of use of iOS 14 and I really don’t care about it as an update. The App Library is kinda cool, but after spending years perfecting my own folders of apps, it’s of no real use to me. Widgets, I’ve left them to side and don’t see any real need to land them on the Home Screen taking up space I use for apps I want daily access to. I know everyone has their own use case. This is just my opinion, there’s no big difference between 13 & 14 for Dave.

I love the widgets.

I love the widgets.

What am I missing?

What am I missing?

Nothing. They are what they are, some will like them and some won’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

Is it worth updating to public beta ios14?

What am I missing?

Nothing really, it very much depends on the person. If there's one thing I miss about Android it was that extra touch of customization that was available.

Both the weather and calendar widgets are very helpful for me as they're just quickly available with the information I need.

• Advertisement

deco72 wrote: »
    Is it worth updating to public beta ios14?

That really depends. As it's a beta you can expect apps to break now and then, albeit generally not for long. It does also mean that builds can break a few apps

So far the public beta has been smooth enough, occasionally Whattsapp will randomly close, but no information is lost.

Advertisement