Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 14

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i had a windows phone in work for 2 years, it was like the physical parts couldn't handle the OS

It’s a pity Microsoft didn’t go the tile route a bit more with their Android Microsoft Launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Anyone using it with an Apple Watch?
    Used to always enjoy installing the beta’s.

Main fear is losing data with my Apple Watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

It’s getting more like Windows Phone by the year...

Well I think you aren't being forced to put any widgets on your screen. So if you don't like it you can still have the classic iPhone look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

Might as well wait for the public beta, later next month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Might as well wait for the public beta, later next month.
    Thinking about it. Public beta coming out for the watch as well for first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Metalpanic

I have iOS 14 on phone and Watch OS7 on my watch. Only had one bug, haptics were t working but a restart solved it. Been perfect other than that. Seriously snappy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

“If you’ve noticed the latest Apple betas performing better than in previous years, that’s by design. My inside story from last fall on Apple’s testing/development shakeup after iOS 13’s issues.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-11-21/apple-ios-14-features-changes-testing-after-ios-13-bugs

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

How would one go about getting the new update?

deco72 wrote: »
    How would one go about getting the new update?
    get a developer profile otherwise public beta 1 will be here in the next week or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

peteeeed wrote: »
    get a developer profile otherwise public beta 1 will be here in the next week or so

Ah ok you need to have Dev profile. Is there something you need to do in order to get the public beta in next couple of weeks? How/where would I download from?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Ah ok you need to have Dev profile. Is there something you need to do in order to get the public beta in next couple of weeks? How/where would I download from?

It'll be here:

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

Once you sign up and have the Public Beta Profile on your device(s), you download the PBs and updates as you would regular OS updates.

just be wary of downloading a beta 1 on your main phone , apps may not work as they normally do

The new COVID tracking app doesn’t seem to work on the beta.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Metalpanic wrote: »
    The new COVID tracking app doesn’t seem to work on the beta.

That doesn’t appear to be the apps fault, COVID-19 Emergency Locator doesn’t seem to be available in this region on iOS 14.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

That doesn’t appear to be the apps fault, COVID-19 Emergency Locator doesn’t seem to be available in this region on iOS 14.

Was mentioned as a known issue in the beta release notes of iOS 14 in your developer account. The issue is apple’s. My guess is that the two were worked on in parallel and they hadn’t time to port it over to the ios 14 code branch as Apple like to segment who works on what.

I wasn't having a dig at the app, just letting people know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Metalpanic wrote: »
    I wasn't having a dig at the app, just letting people know.

There might be a beta 2 tonight so hopefully maybe sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Micky 32 wrote: »
    There might be a beta 2 tonight so hopefully maybe sorted.

It’s there now....

Balls, I’d went back with mine today so the app would work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Balls, I’d went back with mine today so the app would work.

Exposure logging still not available

My shortcuts have stopped working on beta 2. Anyone else have that issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 waffles85

Exposure logging still not available

Feck

waffles85 wrote: »
    Feck
    Unless you're a developer of an Exposure Notification app this shouldn't really be an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Unless you're a developer of an Exposure Notification app this shouldn't really be an issue?

Unless they're a developer who has the app on their main phone and want to have the covid app working :pac:

Unless they're a developer who has the app on their main phone and want to have the covid app working :pac:

that's why we have test devices. Currently on my developer desk there's an 11Pro, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s and an Galaxy S8, only one has iOS 14 on it and it ain't my 11Pro daily carry :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

that's why we have test devices. Currently on my developer desk there's an 11Pro, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6s and an Galaxy S8, only one has iOS 14 on it and it ain't my 11Pro daily carry :pac:

I know, I know :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Or a developer of any other app?

Mr.S wrote: »
    Public beta starts today.

Who's making the plunge?

I’m fairly new to these, do you need to download a different profile to the dev one to get that?

• Advertisement

I’m fairly new to these, do you need to download a different profile to the dev one to get that?
    Yes

Advertisement