Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving home with my Thai wife and Thai born daughter

Options
  • 18-11-2019 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hello all,

I have worked in Thailand for nearly 7 years now and during that time met and married my wife, and welcomed our first daughter into the world. As she grows, we have decided that we would like to raise her in Ireland. There are many reasons - she has cousins the same age in Ireland, we will have family around us, she will get a high quality education, she will be raised with the culture and values we want, and my wife will experience the Irish way of life she has fallen in love with (she has visited 3 times).

So now we have made the decision, my aim is to make the whole process as smooth as possible. We have a target date of early - mid 2021 in mind to move.

Firstly, if there are any posters that have made this move with their Thai family please get in touch here or via PM. I really would love to hear from you. But people with family from other countries please do give your opinions and experiences too.

I have done some research already but, while there is a lot of government spiel to read, I struggled to find people talking about their own experiences.

I have many questions but I will start with the most important one - what hoops must my wife jump through to live in Ireland and, eventually, hopefully work here too?

Advertisement