Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo:The Master Chief Collection

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Think I'll just give MP a miss until next week when hopefully things are ironed out

They said this morning they think they've identified the main cause and are working on it.
    Over the past 48 hours, we believe we have identified the primary matchmaking issue, and are working on a solution right now. In the meantime, we’ll be rolling out additional tweaks over the next days to further improve the experience while we ready this solution. We are monitoring the data and working on tweaks that should continue to improve your matchmaking experience while we prep. In addition, we’ll be releasing a game Content Update tomorrow that will address non-matchmaking related issues. For more details, please visit our support FAQ on our forums that is being updated in real-time: http://www.aka.ms/TMCC.

An additional measure you will see take effect today, is that we’ve decided to trim the hopper list to allow us to drive population to those that are functioning the best – this will serve to further increase the speed with which you find games. We will bring the other hoppers back online as things improve, but our primary focus right now is getting you into matches. For details on which matchmaking playlists are being temporarily taken offline, please visit our support FAQ here: http://www.aka.ms/TMCC.
    We are doing everything we can on an hourly basis to improve the experience, while we work on our solution. In the meantime, we’ve found a few things looking at the data that can help you a little as well. We’re seeing successful match times from anywhere from 15 seconds to 4 minutes. 4 minutes is a long time to wait for a match, but don’t quit out too quickly as it will come. If you haven’t found a match within about 4 minutes, please exit the search and restart, as this will reset the parameters and increase the likelihood of entering a match. I realize this isn’t ideal, but it’s temporary while we sort things out.

I’d like to personally apologize to you all for the current situation. I can assure you we’re attacking this from all directions from 343 Industries to the Xbox platform, and we won’t rest until it’s what it should be. People are reporting improvements across the board, which is great, but we’re not backing down until we finish this fight.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I managed to stay in a party for the three matchmaking games in a row about midnight last night.

Played my first Halo CE multiplayer game. It's retro looking but not sure I'm bothered those maps showing up in matchmaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭e92335i

My update download is still going since last night.

All 4 games @100%
    Final section was @ 82.5% last night, now its @ 92%.

Checked my bandwidth usage and its in the bytes/second.

Anyone have issues downloading the update?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Has there been a patch released? Has only popped up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

Just picked this up. If anyone is looking to play some co-op or MP then hit me up.

• Advertisement

madcabbage wrote: »
    Has there been a patch released? Has only popped up now.

Yes details below; I managed to get into a couple of games since the patch but still some glaring issues with team balanacing etc..

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/halo-the-master-chief-collection-content-update-11-14-14

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,165 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Apparently there's a bigger patch coming next week. At least it looks like they're working on it anyway. The handful of matches I've gotten in to have been great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Lamposts

I'm beyond woeful at this game. :(:(

I'm just gonna leave the MP for now until I hear it's where it should be. Got to play a bit more campaign over the weekend and really enjoying it, even if it took f*cking forever to beat Truth and Reconciliation on legendary solo (**** you captain Keyes, stop running in and getting yourself killed you nutjob!)

Patch tomorrow, right?

Got a few games after a lot of searching last night. Including a couple on the new lockout. I really like the new dynamic map elements! Got a double kill dropping the stalactites on a couple of perchers. :P

I also managed to change my NAT to "OPEN". I read somewhere it increases your chances of being host, which given the amount of times I emptied clips into people only to be melee'd from nowhere, can only be good.

• Advertisement

Delayed until later this week unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

played the first level of CE last night, it looks great! Cant wait to churn through this over the weekend. I'll leave the mp until it's patched.

maximoose wrote: »

I would rather wait, better off getting it right first time.
    We all know what happened to Battlefield 4 with consistent patching.

Bastardos!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Why don't people just set up custom games?

madcabbage wrote: »
    Why don't people just set up custom games?
    Not everyone can commit to X hours or a certain time, but are online only when a window opens.

I like to sneak in 30 mins here and there which ain't much use when 25 mins of that is stuck in a lobby.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

They really have made some hames of this..Can't even get a game since they released the update earlier in the week.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,165 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone know what time the patch is due out?

"Mid afternoon Pacific Time", so probably 11/12ish tonight for us.

Full patch notes here

Just got into a game of Gungoose CTF on the blood gulch remake, serious fun. Can't wait for MM to be fixed so we can hopefully get some proper games going.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Just got into a game of Gungoose CTF on the blood gulch remake, serious fun. Can't wait for MM to be fixed so we can hopefully get some proper games going.

Will be online this evening, but not around then until next week. Hopefully we can get a good few sessions in after that.
    As long as the patch actually works, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Thought I was losing the plot during the week. Because I was off line for a while, i got stuck into the campagin for Halo 1. all was going well until I got to the Truth level and got into the ship. saved the progress after the first wave of attacks and 9/10 times I went back in to continue, the game kept freezing as soon as the game play started and eventually booted me back to the xbox dashboard. When I was back on line, it was sorted out and I got to the stage where I released Cpt Keyes from the holding cell and got the checkpoint save point, saved and exited. Started up this evening and when I went to continue, I was right back at the start of the T&R chapter holding a sniper rifle. Am I trapped in groundhog day, or has anyone else had the same glitch problems in Halo1? Losing the will to play this game. so much for enjoying nostalgia! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sSmidge

Well lets just say the patch didn't help much. I was on the Halo Waypoint forums and the amount of people damage controlling this broken release is the very reason game developers can get away with releasing broken games. I can't wait to pay for Halo 5 with monopoly money and then just give them the real money whenever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I'm only really familiar with the halo games as i don't play much else, have many other games ever been this broken at release?

Patch seems to have added some improvement. But only with respect to the disaster it was before.

Matchmaking is still ridiculously slow, intermittent and missing chunks of playlist. I have yet to play Rumble Pit in The Pit which I am not happy about!!

Dades wrote: »
    Patch seems to have added some improvement. But only with respect to the disaster it was before.

Matchmaking is still ridiculously slow, intermittent and missing chunks of playlist. I have yet to play Rumble Pit in The Pit which I am not happy about!!

Yeah they removed loads of playlists last week to try speed things up before the patch. The trouble is now even if they do fix it the population could be pretty low due to people moving on to other stuff, at the moment some playlists seem much quicker to find games than others but because there's no population counter we have no way of knowing which ones actually have people in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm hoping 343i will announce something this week. I finished all 4 campaigns way too quick and I've grown tired of waiting to play a few decent online matches.

I don't even know if I got an update, I wasn't prompted for one so I assumed it downloaded while on standby. I did get into one match which took around ten minutes to search. 8 players found, 2 people left/disconnected, 4 vs 2.

From my experience, the only improvement I've seen is that I got into two non-laggy matches with an unfair balance of odd teams (4 vs 2 / 5 vs 1)

I remember the amount of fun I had playing Halo 3 and Halo Reach. Sometimes I wish I still had my Xbox 360 just to go back and play them, instead of sitting stuck up with this collection, expecting it to work.

In other related news I am getting hammered most of the time. I need matchmaking working full time so those who are hammering me get to rank up so I can play against distinctly average (or below!) players like myself. :)

Dades wrote: »
    In other related news I am getting hammered most of the time. I need matchmaking working full time so those who are hammering me get to rank up so I can play against distinctly average (or below!) players like myself. :)

Yup same here, bar Halo 4 which I'm well used to, I need a good run at the other games to get used to them I think which is unfortunately impossible at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

This is so disappointing - how did it even happen? This never happened any other Halo release, or other franchise releases like Call of Duty who have much more players to anywhere near this level - the game is utterly broken.

They'll force people towards the likes of Advanced Warfare. Major blunder - the amount of people for whom this was the first time playing Halo as well, who'll now just move on and forget about it.

Advertisement