Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 4: First Impressions

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Tinie wrote: »
    Big h3 and reach player, see this is 25 in Argos now. Is it worth getting or just stick with reach? Main playlists I play are team snipers and TDM.

It depends on if you like COD or not, I am not a huge fan of it but I still play it, just not as much as I did Halo 3 or Reach. It is a big departure from Reach, just as Reach was from Halo 3 but there was a lot more to Reach for me than there is to this. Lack of maps are also a pain in the hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Big h3 and reach player, see this is 25 in Argos now. Is it worth getting or just stick with reach? Main playlists I play are team snipers and TDM.

stick with reach....it's not great. 343i might have it right by H6

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

stick with reach....it's not great. 343i might have it right by H6

I have to say I disagree.

Halo 4 > Reach for me.

I think 343 did a damn good job. First game I bought new in a long time and so far I've racked up nearly 24 hours of multiplayer which for me is a huge amount. I get bored of games quick normally.

24quid for halo 4 is a great price only what 3 months after release.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

I despised Reach and I'm fond of H4, so take that as you will...

I think Halo 4 has a more refined multiplayer feature, found the campaign to enjoyable, but have taken major issue with the Spartan ops storyline...

If you're in it for the multi-player, and want an improvement for Reach, I highly recommend it :D Story/campaign.... Mehhhhh.... It won't keep you entertained for long :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can't go wrong for €25. Team snipers will be up and running next monday along with a few more playlists in the coming weeks.

• Advertisement

I have to say I disagree.

Halo 4 > Reach for me.

I think 343 did a damn good job. First game I bought new in a long time and so far I've racked up nearly 24 hours of multiplayer which for me is a huge amount. I get bored of games quick normally.

24quid for halo 4 is a great price only what 3 months after release.

fair enough each to their own...i'm more of a competitive player so it bores me with its over all quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Really like all 3 of the new DLC maps, been playing a lot of rumble pits on them.

New star of the show for me though is that Settler map in the CTF playlist (might be in others but that's only place I've seen it) - cracking map!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,160 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

maximoose wrote: »
    Really like all 3 of the new DLC maps, been playing a lot of rumble pits on them.

New star of the show for me though is that Settler map in the CTF playlist (might be in others but that's only place I've seen it) - cracking map!

Is it a forge map? Think it only got added into the CTF playlist yesterday along with Simplex.

It is indeed. Mid/Large size, big sniping ledge on one side of the map, Blood gulch style bases at each end and lots of warthogs. Had it come up 3 times in a row lastnight and I love it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I wish Valhalla was included in the team snipers playlist and not just BTB.

• Advertisement

I wish Valhalla was included in the team snipers playlist and not just BTB.

Is it not? Have definitely played a few team sniper matches on it, unless it was removed recently it's there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

It never comes up for me anyway :(

It never comes up for me anyway :(

Yeah it's definitely in there, have even played shotty snipers on it.

must play it again later...glued to grepolis lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

Anyone still playing?

I recently went back playing SWAT and big team battle and had forgotten how much fun it was, some game :)

I still play from time to time, gamertag is in my sig.

Anyone still playing?

I recently went back playing SWAT and big team battle and had forgotten how much fun it was, some game :)

Am playing through Halo 3 again at the moment. It's just better, although I keep trying to sprint...

I don't think halo maps ever got any better than H3.

Am playing through Halo 3 again at the moment. It's just better, although I keep trying to sprint...

I don't think halo maps ever got any better than H3.

Yep almost every map was great and several were classics like The pit and Guardian.

Have many been playing it since the free download? Have gone back to playing Reach myself...H4 between the COD influences and not very good maps wasn't fun to play.

It's not free for another couple of weeks yet.

H4 has improved a lot since christmas, a lot of the issues that were there have been fixed. Much better game now than it was on release.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Have many been playing it since the free download?...

What download?? I can haz free stuff???

• Advertisement

What download?? I can haz free stuff???

Halo 3 is free from the 16th for 2 weeks. There's been 2 free games a month since E3.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Halo 3 is free from the 16th for 2 weeks. There's been 2 free games a month since E3.

Excellent. Might be time to get a bigger HDD then. Not really interested in downloading H3, I already have it on its own disc and on the ODST bonus disc with all the maps, but free games is good.

I'm still struggling along on a 1st generation Xbox with a 20gb drive. It's been through about 3 RROD repairs and makes as much noise as a harrier jump jet taking off, but it just won't die so I can replace it.

Excellent. Might be time to get a bigger HDD then. Not really interested in downloading H3, I already have it on its own disc and on the ODST bonus disc with all the maps, but free games is good.

I'm still struggling along on a 1st generation Xbox with a 20gb drive. It's been through about 3 RROD repairs and makes as much noise as a harrier jump jet taking off, but it just won't die so I can replace it.

I've the 60GB one and it shows no sign of giving up the ghost yet either. Get a 32GB usb stick and you can install games onto it, very handy.

Anybody ever play co op campaign over live? Does it work?
    Anybody interested co op tomorrow evening?

Haven't played the campaign yet...!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Halo 4 is 1 year old today.

The fiesta slayer mode they've introduced to celebrate its birthday is fun for about 5 minutes until everyones just randomly running around with rocket launchers. One shot dead, etc..

But i have to say a year on Halo 4 has kept my interest a lot longer than i thought it would. I love the Halo franchise in general in particular Halo 3 and although the 4th installment has cod tendencies, i dont think it took away from the overall Halo feel.

Loved the regicide mode when it was on the playlist, unfortunately gone now.

Why are there no more free for all playlists .... are they uncool or what :mad:

IMO theres too many team games. It would be different if people actually played as a team but most people dont even have mics and run around aimlessly into the opposition which is just head melting.

Must give it a bash this week, haven't played it in a loooooooooooong time

Loved HALO 4, probably not as good as 3 but a lot better than reach imo, still find it hard to get time to play it though and the matchmaking is slow and a bit broken.

A quick year...I can remember picking it up on the way into college and not being able to wait to get home and play it.....that didn't last long. It's not a proper halo game for me, too many things taken from COD, and getting dropped into a game which is almost finished after waiting ages to find a game is very annoying.

I have gone back to playing reach instead. I know it gets a lot of sh*t but I don't see the big problem with it...and it's much closer to Halo than 4 is. I have said it before but my biggest criticism (aside from ppl who constantly pick armour lock and do the armour lock smack combo) is the constant choosing of the same levels (uncaged, countdown, swordbase) but 4 had the same issue any time I played teams and got stuck playing the grassy level where everyone just runs for the tank and the snow level repeatedly.

A lot of Reach maps can look samey as well as I think they are made in game but if you get beyond that there are some really enjoyable ones.

Advertisement