Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with screen protectors on iPhone SE 2020

Options
  • 06-07-2020 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody had issues with screen protectors peeling on the new SE?
    I've had the Belkin one peel off around the edges, I then bought a €10 one that has chipped around the edges where the protector is peeling.

It seems the screen is curved at the edge of the protector, so a flat protector just won't work. is that anyone elses experience?

For my 3rd one in less than a week, I've ordered this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ESR-Protector-Installation-Tempered-Exclusively/dp/B074DW5Q18

Hopefully it's better.

I'm annoyed that an Apple reseller (Compu-B) specifically recommended the €25 Belkin one and showed me an older model phone with it on, so beware!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

For the brief time I had my SE, used cheap couple of euro ones from an iPhone 6/7 and they were perfect. Used with a case too. Also picked up a similar one to your link there but in white and it was fine. Are you using a case with it? Could be the issue if the specific case is lifting the protector maybe? I had a couple of different ones that were all fine - Spigen and Ringke.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The issue apparently is that the edge of the SE is slightly curved so the older covers don’t fit 100%

I got my delivery over the weekend and am happy to say it fits perfectly with the Apple leather case. Doesn’t look like there’s a screen protector on it.

It’s wider and taller than the usual protectors and has a black edge. It may well have a gap under the black but I can’t see it. It’s sold as being 3D shape anyway.

Advertisement