Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting CCTV to mobile phone when internet box is in another room

Options
  • 04-07-2020 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi all,

Complete technophobe here! I recently had CCTV installed and they are connected to a DVR box upstairs in a bedroom which is then connected to the TV in the bedroom. The person who installed the system at the time mentioned that I could download an app to my phone called XMEye and be able to access the camera through my phone. He said that the DVR needed to be connected using a wire to the actual internet/WIFI box as it wouldn't work over wireless. As my internet box is downstairs in my sitting room he said that he couldn't do it but mentioned that I could buy some sort of box that would get signal from my sitting room and that I could plug a lead from my DVR directly into this box. I have a feeling that he said it was something to do with TP Link but from googling this I'm at a total loss as to what I need to buy. I'm afraid to go out and spend a fortune buying the right thing and a little embarrassed asking in the shop as I don't really know what I'm talking about. Can anyone help me out with what I need to buy (in simple terms).

TIA,

Independent1

Comments

Advertisement