Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 8 MMS on Tesco Mobile

Options
  • 24-06-2020 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Hi

I don’t seem to be able to send MMS on my iPhone 8 with Tesco Mobile. I can receive them ok and can send from my sim when in a galaxy S8. My settings are up to date too.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I don’t know if this is new or has always been an issue as i wouldn’t use MMS at all really.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,426 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

MMS? Is that still a thing?

Anyhow, what platform are you using?

If it's messages, then it will try to send as internet based iMessage.

So if the receiver is also on an iOS device then it will go via iMessage

Otherwise you'd have to go to settings - messages and make sure that MMS messaging is enabled.

Either way between Whats App and Message I can't imagine not being able to send a picture unless you have no data connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭nialldinho

murpho999 wrote: »
    MMS? Is that still a thing?

Anyhow, what platform are you using?

If it's messages, then it will try to send as internet based iMessage.

So if the receiver is also on an iOS device then it will go via iMessage

Otherwise you'd have to go to settings - messages and make sure that MMS messaging is enabled.

Either way between Whats App and Message I can't imagine not being able to send a picture unless you have no data connection.

Yeah. Trying to send a pic to someone with a basic phone and no WhatsApp!

nialldinho wrote: »
    Yeah. Trying to send a pic to someone with a basic phone and no WhatsApp!

Ok but they may not be able to receive MMS either.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Ok but they may not be able to receive MMS either.

Thanks. I’ve checked that and they can. Seems to be specifically with the iPhone and Tesco mobile. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s a Tesco issue that they won’t admit to though.

Tesco Mobie settings

Only thing i can think if is MNS settings in your phone. See above

If it doesn't work then just post a picture of smartphone to your friend.:p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Don't they charge for MMS? I think you have to be request it to be turned on as there is a charge per text. That used to be the way anyway.

Thanks. I was on to their support and they initially told me it was due to an old SIM card so they sent a new one but no change. They also provided the APN and MMS settings. So they suggest it is an iPhone issue now!

My iOS is up to date and MMS is enabled.

Not a big deal as this is the first time it’s come up in years but was just curious if anyone had a solution!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭gmacww

I have an iPhone 7 on Tesco Mobile and MMS works fine for me. Well when I say fine I was with TM about 7 months and realised I never tried it so I sent 1 MMS about 2 years ago or so and haven't since. It worked so assuming it still does. Expensive enough as I recall, something like 30c per message. I also didn't even think MMS was supported by networks anymore.

I can pm you my phone settings if you want to try them?

Advertisement