Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Could anyone say when is the most recent that you've bought and had delivered been?

I recently got opening tickets to England Fiji for some friends in England. They're to be posted to me and I was going to send them on to them in the UK. It's all getting extremely tight...

They've had years to prepare. What the hell is going on?

Any advice?

Ring them and see, all the tickets are tracked - you could be in for a wait though. It is ticketmaster who are behind the ticket sales and delivery. How recent is recent?
    Well you're the only person I know whose ever spent any time in Slough and managed to escape with their soul intact. We've had employees leave us purely because they couldn't stand working in Slough any longer...

Maybe I'm just lucky so!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 maryd26

I was in contact with RWC today via phone - apparently the tickets that were purchased recently will be sent out during the next two weeks (I'm away between 11th and 18th Sept, which is not good timing!). Was told to call again if they don't arrive by 11th... finger nails are torn to shreds!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

nc6000 wrote: »
    Anyone have any ideas for accommodation in Cardiff for the QF weekend? I see even the campsite in Cardiff is full.

Did I read on here before that one of the Rugby clubs in Cardiff let people camp there for a Six Nations game recently?

For those late to the party that need to stay in Cardiff...

http://snoozeboxhotel.co.uk/event/snoozebox-cardiff-rugby-hotel/

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭millhousegirl

Now that most people have had their tickets delivered, are people going to be contacting the RWC office to see if they can claim back the £15p.p charge for the ticket purchases at various times but which were all delivered in one batch?

Has anybody any luck on this front yet? I know I will be contacting them shortly. I was hit with 5 p.p charges and only 2 deliveries from DHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

For anybody getting a train from Bristol Temple Meads, leave yourself plenty of time to get to Cardiff, the station gets wedged for any 6 nations games, I can imagine it'll be busy for any of the big RWC games in the Millennium Stadium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

Now that most people have had their tickets delivered, are people going to be contacting the RWC office to see if they can claim back the £15p.p charge for the ticket purchases at various times but which were all delivered in one batch?

Has anybody any luck on this front yet? I know I will be contacting them shortly. I was hit with 5 p.p charges and only 2 deliveries from DHL.

I definitely plan to do this. I've had no delivery yet but have no less than 12 of these charges on my account.
    Someone posted about this on this thread before saying they got the "credit card charges" refunded. I attempted to get them to be more specific (sent a pm message) but never got a response.

Any updates from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

For those late to the party that need to stay in Cardiff...

http://snoozeboxhotel.co.uk/event/snoozebox-cardiff-rugby-hotel/

any body book with these guys?
    £119 for the saturday night before the france game seems very good value, all most too cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

woodyg wrote: »
    £119 for the saturday night before the france game seems very good value, all most too cheap!

You realize its a pimped up shipping container, yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭woodyg

well if it's good enough for Eddie Jordan to stay at for the Silverstone GP then i think it's deffo good enough for a drunk me!

and if anyone has seen Grand Designs you will have seen what's possible these days with a shipping container.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

woodyg wrote: »

Yep, I booked today for 6 of us. 3 rooms. £864. That is for 6 people, 2 nights. So average cost is £72 per person per night. Quarter final weekend so should will be there for both quarter finals on Saturday and Sunday, as we don't know which one Ireland will be in yet.

• Advertisement

kuang1 wrote: »
    I definitely plan to do this. I've had no delivery yet but have no less than 12 of these charges on my account.
    Someone posted about this on this thread before saying they got the "credit card charges" refunded. I attempted to get them to be more specific (sent a pm message) but never got a response.

Any updates from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

I contacted them previously and the general gist of the reply was that if I were charged for multiple postage fees and if they also managed to send them out in one batch (cumulative conditions), then I could give them the details and they would sort it out for me. As I'm still waiting for further orders to be delivered, I haven't followed up on it yet but it did sound promising.

Key part in reply was: 'We will always attempt to package and deliver all of your tickets in one delivery where possible. If you have received all of your tickets in one package but paid multiple postage charges, please contact us and we will refund you the cost of the additional postage fee. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

The Rugby World Cup 2015 Customer Service Team are available to answer any questions you have on 0333 003 2015.

Callers from outside the UK should call +44 (0)161 971 2015.

Opening Hours are Monday - Friday 09.00 - 18:00 and Saturday 0900 - 1300.'

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2 thebrad85

Hi folks,

Does anyone know of the best way to travel to Cardiff from Pembroke on the Friday before the game? Arriving in around lunchtime. I know there is public buses and trains but they appear to take hours whereas the drive is only an hour and a half. Anyone know of any private companies doing a direct bus? Any help would be appreciated!

Fresh batch of tickets up again.

kuang1 wrote: »
    Fresh batch of tickets up again.

Yeah I just looked today and picked up 4 tickets for both quarter finals. £150 per ticket for match if Ireland are pool d winners, £215 per ticket if we are the runners up. I don't think we will go to both matches so hopefully I can offload the ones for the match I don't want. Won't know which match we want until the crunch French match in all probability though. That said, it's the only weekend we are going so might hit the 2 matches. Is there any chance I will be stuck with them or will there definitely be demand for them if I do want to sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

bmwguy wrote: »
    Yeah I just looked today and picked up 4 tickets for both quarter finals. £150 per ticket for match if Ireland are pool d winners, £215 per ticket if we are the runners up. I don't think we will go to both matches so hopefully I can offload the ones for the match I don't want. Won't know which match we want until the crunch French match in all probability though. That said, it's the only weekend we are going so might hit the 2 matches. Is there any chance I will be stuck with them or will there definitely be demand for them if I do want to sell?

Depends on the game to an extent.
    If its NZ v Fra then you'll have no trouble getting rid.
    The other possible combinations have descending degrees of ticket demand, e.g., NZ v Italy, Arg v Fra, Argentina v Italy, Tonga v France etc.

Depends on the game to an extent.
    If its NZ v Fra then you'll have no trouble getting rid.
    The other possible combinations have descending degrees of ticket demand, e.g., NZ v Italy, Arg v Fra, Argentina v Italy, Tonga v France etc.

Can't see anything other than a combination of Ireland France New Zealand and Argentina but I get what you are saying. Hopefully Ireland v the argies and nz v France

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

bmwguy wrote: »
    Is there any chance I will be stuck with them or will there definitely be demand for them if I do want to sell?
    Assuming NX top their pool, the combinations I can see happening are....

Ireland top group:
    Anyone trying to sell NZ/Fra tickets will have no problem.
    Anyone trying to swap NZ/Fra tickets to get Ire/Arg tickets will have no problem.

Ireland runners up:
    NZ/Ire tickets will be golddust.
    Fra/Arg tickets will be everywhere.

In that scenario, I can see a lot of Irish getting stuck with Fra/Arg tickets and not finding anyone to swap with, or else trying to sell those tickets and finding the price to be a lot less than asking.

If Ireland end up in the Saturday QF, Saturday night will be a late one (game over at 10), so getting back to the stadium for 1pm kickoff the next day will be going through the motions.

Well I've been trying to resell a CAT B ticket for the sunday QF since November & no joy. I'm getting a little more optimistic lately as interest in the tournament gathers pace. But if anyone has been watching ticket availability, that sunday QF in Cardiff has (by a long way) been the least popular in terms of demand of all the QFs.
    Mainly (I presume) due to the likelihood that one of the teams in that game will be Argentina, who will have very few supporters attending.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭shanagarry

I may have just bought a ticket for the final. Can someone please take my credit card off me for a few weeks.

shanagarry wrote: »
    I may have just bought a ticket for the final. Can someone please take my credit card off me for a few weeks.

If it comes with the ticket to the final, happily!

• Advertisement

shanagarry wrote: »

Good man! I was gonna comment...it's only the second time I've seen tickets for the final available this morning.
    I got a CAT C ticket a month ago (£315)...did you go all out and get the glorious £715 CAT A variety???!!!
    (If so you'll have a better view than me!)

Woman! (No comments about that explaining the ease which I used my credit card!)

Yes, a cheap as chips Cat A to think about for a while. Crazy money. But if we're in it... Need to put a few hedge bets on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

£715 ticket for a rugby match!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, I know, I know. But I do live quite close to Twickenham, so in totality it would probably be the cheapest RWC final I could attend, given I've no flight/accomm costs etc.

There isn't a hope in hell I will be going if Ireland aren't in the final, and even if they are it will require thinking about, but nice to have the option anyway.

Apologies m'lady.
    You're dead right.

When I had the final ticket in my 'basket', I was torn between removing it and paying for it. Decided to go for it when my logical voice kicked in and told me that I'll easily find a home for it and get the price of it back if I decide not to go.

Then 10 minutes after buying decided I was going and proceeded to book flights and hotels etc.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

If I get the chance of a lower level ticket for the final I will for sure snap it up

Yeah, zero chance of getting stuck with it, so I don't mind paying a few quid for the option. It's if they make the final that the problems start!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

I've noticed a couple of affordable and centrally located AirBnB properties go up in the Cardiff area for the France weekend in the last few days. They've no reviews, so caveat emptor and all that, but might be worth a look if you're struggling to find anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭hellfish08

Got two cat D tickets for the Romania game just before lunch time. Glad I waited

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Got tickets to Fiji v Canada Sunday at the Stoop, wouldn't be surprised to see Joe Schmidt and a few Irish faces at that game to run the rule over Canada

Advertisement