Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Series 24 (2017)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It was enjoyable this week too for that same reason, Chris Hoy actually likes cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

lertsnim wrote: »
    It was enjoyable this week too for that same reason, Chris Hoy actually likes cars.

Yeah I just watched that episode tonight, he was probably the best guest so far, mostly because of his experience with cars and driving.

Also I can't see anyone beating his lap anytime soon :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Material Handler bowling was cool, Cuba was good, Harris is now the weakest presenter but its just a case of him easing into the role fully his more 'ad lib' moments worked better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

Cuba didn't close itself off from the world, crippling sanctions were placed on it instead. I didn't like that factual inaccuracy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Tzar Chasm wrote: »
    Material Handler bowling was cool, Cuba was good, Harris is now the weakest presenter but its just a case of him easing into the role fully his more 'ad lib' moments worked better
    He's still putting up "reviews" online either on the TG youtube page or their own website that are more in line with his old style of reviews.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,031 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Ssanyong Rodius ... When I read about it some years ago, I had some trouble believing that it actually existed as a car, but apparently it does. Even the name sounds like something out of bad sci-fi. :eek:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Gru

Very enjoyable episode. I thought the series was excellent and a par above the first grand tour series. The presenters all seem to work well together and it can be genuinely funny. I hope they build on this and keep it up for the next.

Less JK though, he was such a nob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Gru wrote: »
    Very enjoyable episode. I thought the series was excellent and a par above the first grand tour series. The presenters all seem to work well together and it can be genuinely funny. I hope they build on this and keep it up for the next.

Less JK though, he was such a nob.

Agree with most including JK, TWAT. The rodius thing was done before, Toyboata.... On a better scale and working, but done before, even the review, remember the Electric car the boys done, reviewed by a car mag.

But mush better series than last, improved since Evans left. Bit more gelling with the presenters, Harris might need some presenting classes and the show will improve.

That series started good and got better as it went along, I think the trio are building up a good rapport and producing much better content.

I wouldn't say it's better or worse than the grand tour, it's different, the two have different personalities driving the show and I like both.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Watched it again recently and I have to say I like the new energy of the presenters. Nice guys who genuinely love cars.

Watched it again recently and I have to say I like the new energy of the presenters. Nice guys who genuinely love cars.
    Yeah, Leblanc has really come along and he's love of cars and machines is really starting to shine through. I think Rory is also coming into his own, out of the three I'd say he would have been the most overwhelmed, with LeBlanc being an international celebrity and Harris being a world renowned car journalist, Rory was the unknown thrown in at the deep end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Thought it was excellent for the most part....I've followed it in a way I haven't the GT , I gave up on that about halfway through the series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,063 ✭✭✭BKtje

Only just got around to watching this and completly binged it over 2 nights. Thought it was brilliant and I really really enjoyed it. As has been said they each bring their own thing. Not saying it's better than the trio who went before but definitely a breath of fresh air to renew the series.

Advertisement