Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 month ban

Options
  • 11-04-2021 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've got a 3 month ban from the football forum for asking if a post was a wum.

It's 3 months because previously I got a 1 month ban for saying Richard Keys had hairy arms.

I don't think these posts warrant 4 months worth of bans. There was no intent to offend or cause any problems with either post. If I caused offense to anyone I apologise, but I really don't think I did.

I can appreciate that moderating a football forum can be difficult, but I feel this is very heavy handed from the moderators. By all means ban people for abusive behaviour towards each other, but my two posts were mild.

I approached the mods on both occasions and asked if they thought the bans were appropriate and they both hid behind "the charter".

I think a PM from the mods to ask me to change my posts would have been a better course of action instead of such extreme bans.

I have tried to refresh my memory regarding the Football charter, but the link is broken in the following post,

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055637888/1/#post61405782

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

To be clear, what you are appealing here is the yellow card, since the ban comes via the soccer forum totting up process.

Can you please post the PM conversation that you had with the mod to discuss this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

awec wrote: »
    To be clear, what you are appealing here is the yellow card, since the ban comes via the soccer forum totting up process.

Can you please post the PM conversation that you had with the mod to discuss this?

I’m just appealing for some common sense really, as the posts don’t warrant such a long ban.

I’ll send you the conversations tomorrow, too messy to try and do on the phone.

Edit, I just want to clarify I said Richard Keys had hairy hands, not hairy arms as I stated in my original post above.

For some reason I don’t have any sent messages in my out box, so I’ve c & p some of the replies. I hope it makes sense.

Quote: ozzy jr
    3 months for asking a question seems a bit harsh, don't you think?

Do you think my post is worthy of a 3 month ban?

Your post was a breach of the forum charter and a warning was applied. Is there any reason you feel the post was not a breach of charter?

Re the ban: you will know from the forum charter (in addition to your history of receiving bans after warnings) that the forum has a totting up process. You had a red card and yellow previously.

My previous ban of one month was for saying Richard Keys has hairy hands :D

Now I have a 3 month ban for asking if the post was a wum.

I think it’s excessive for trivial comments. It’s not like anyone was offended by my posts. Would you agree that it’s a bit over the top?

I know you have “the charter†to hide behind, but I’m just asking as one poster to another. Do you think my posts are worthy of a total of 4 months ban?

My opinion as a poster is not important.

You received a warning for a post that is not welcome (as outlined in the charter). The ban follows the warning. The route to reversing the ban is having the warning overturned. I see no reason to overturn the warning.

Your opinion is important to me.

How do I go about getting my access to the football forum removed?

If you want access removed you can ask any of the forum mods to remove/clear your access.

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Are you looking your access to soccer removed as per your last pm?

awec wrote: »
    Are you looking your access to soccer removed as per your last pm?

No, that was just the full conversation I had with the mod. I thought it would be best if I put in everything.

I don’t want my access removed at the moment.

• Advertisement

How long before white smoke appears?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,592 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Can I just clarify, are you appealing 1 or 2 yellows here?

The bans are completely irrelevant as has been pointed out by awec already they result entirely from the cards and indeed your overall behaviour in the forum

The 1st card was for calling Richard Keys "hairy hands", not saying he had hairy hands. You received a yellow early in January and a consequent 1 month ban, which you did not appeal at the time. Are you now seeking to appeal that card?

I won't bother appealing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement