Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biodegradable refuse bags

Options
  • 15-07-2010 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Im just wondering if anyone has used biodegradable refuse bags. I havent seen any for sale in any shop so far and while Ive seen some on the net these can contain up to 75% plastic. Unfortunately this is no use to me as Im looking for a bag that is 100% biodegradable for composting purposes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I think you'd be better with a compostable bag, not a biodegradable one. Some of the biodegradable ones don't biodegrade quickly enough for composting and as you point out they have plastic in them so you wouldn't want to be putting the compost you make near vegetables for eating.
    There is some information on compostable bags from one of the county councils here. I have also seen some in Tesco although they are expensive to be throwing out every week - over €3 for 3:eek:

Advertisement