Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gas Canisters

• 05-03-2009 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

I am wondering where can empty camping gas canisters be disposed of safely. I have built up quite a stock of empty ones but I am not sure where I can dispose of them. I asked the store where I bought them and they said that they do not take them back. Is there any where in Limerick city that will take them or do they go in regular or recycling waste?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

The blue ones? Presumably they can just go in the green bin / local recycling facility for metal if they are empty. If they are the ones that are pierced when first used then there is no chance of remaining gas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Don't place the larger camping canisters in the bin. They may explode when crushed in the truck.
    I'd agree with the above poster for the smaller valve-less canisters though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Thanks for the info guys. I have included the link to the type of gas cartridges I have below.

http://www.brightspark.info/?page=listing&id=40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Into the campfire along with the drink cans:D:D:D

Seriously though if they are empty i would (carefully) pierce them with a screwdriver or something, leave for a while*, squash it, then into the green bin with them

*So any remaining gas evaporates off

You could also ask over in the Outdoor Pursuits forum, people posting there may have experience with dealing with these on a regular basis.

Advertisement