Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Eco Water Plant @ Garryhinch Offaly

• 23-07-2010 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

If it was somewhere else, I would say great, but its only a few minutes away from me.

So many questions;

I am not on a flood plain, will I be now?
    Is this place going to be secure?
    They are not going to force us ot if we are too close?
    This might be a botch job, please refer to the Dublin Dock tunnell, (House are F**KED over tunnell, well so I heard???)

Is contruction going to be loud?

You see the problem is, there is very few if us out here, this mean they wont give a dam about us during construction.

Can anyboy put me straight on what should I do now, to ensure my concerns are heard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Scorpdoc

Scorpdoc wrote: »
    If it was somewhere else, I would say great, but its only a few minutes away from me.

So many questions;

This might be a botch job, please refer to the Dublin Dock tunnell, (House are F**KED over tunnell, well so I heard???)

You see the problem is, there is very few if us out here, this mean they wont give a dam about us during construction.

In fact, I dont think we will be listened to at all, as there are so little of us and its destined to be a botched job.

Can anyboy put me straight on what should I do now, to ensure my concerns are heard?

I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

So many questions;

I would start with your local TD and county council planning board.

Also the port tunnell wasnt a botch job, a few house had minor cracks... nothing really major, think u heard wrong....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Wheelnut

Lowland bogs grew out of shallow lakes, so if they are putting a lake back into a former bog it's hardly a cause for you to be so frantic. On the other hand, everybody objects to everything nowadays so maybe you're right to carry on the tradition. However the Garryhinch area seems to have more than its fair share of car dealers operating from private houses so I can't see how a nice lake would would make things any worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭pumpkinsoup

So many questions;

It's only a proposal and a long way from being approved. You could follow the planning process if it ever goes to planning. The idea is to pump water from the Shannon to provide a reservoir for Dublin. There are literally thousands of people queueing up to object to this one. You can expect huge opposition from almost everyone living close to the river. The "eco park" angle helps make it more sellable to those who perceive themselves to be adversely effected by the project.

robtri wrote: »
    I would start with your local TD and county council planning board.

Also the port tunnell wasnt a botch job, a few house had minor cracks... nothing really major, think u heard wrong....

Thinking back to the port tunnel been built, wasnt the tunnel to small for a certain percentage of trucks?
    Plus the houses in question are in no danger short-term. The botch job I mentioned were reports as you stated. The point is the work did have an effect on people, whether a small crack or weakened foundations.

• Advertisement

Wheelnut wrote: »
    Lowland bogs grew out of shallow lakes, so if they are putting a lake back into a former bog it's hardly a cause for you to be so frantic. On the other hand, everybody objects to everything nowadays so maybe you're right to carry on the tradition. However the Garryhinch area seems to have more than its fair share of car dealers operating from private houses so I can't see how a nice lake would would make things any worse!

If it is beneficial to my neighbours and us, I wouldnt bother to object. If had no effect whatsoever and everything is conducted in the right manner, again it wouldnt bother me. If it is going to cause hardship. Yes I will object. I dont have any hidden agenda to enrich myself from this.
    Although I like the fact it will bring jobs to us.
    Yes, wouldnt it be wonderful to see those car garages sinking in the lake, one bad motor too many!

It's only a proposal and a long way from being approved. You could follow the planning process if it ever goes to planning. The idea is to pump water from the Shannon to provide a reservoir for Dublin. There are literally thousands of people queueing up to object to this one. You can expect huge opposition from almost everyone living close to the river. The "eco park" angle helps make it more sellable to those who perceive themselves to be adversely effected by the project.

It will be interesting to see this ecopark.

Advertisement