Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting for First time

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭The_Fitz

kceire wrote: »
    Citybin Company all day long.

Cheaper and customer care is spot on.
    My bin blew over a month or so ago. The lid broke. I sent them a message and they replaced it that week. It’s the little things.

That's what I like to hear. Cheers, Moving in in 2 weeks so I'll get on to these things now.

Is there much practice of sharing bins do you know? Only two of us and we wouldn't use that much. Must be quite a few in that situation.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

You in theory can be asked for proof that you have been disposing of waste legally and may find it difficult to explain about sharing bins. The bulk of the charge is based on weight so there's a direct link to how much you use it anyway.

If it's an apartment, bins are nearly always provided as part of the management fees the landlord is legally obliged to be paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭The_Fitz

It's a house, there's an entry out the back where the bins are collected from I think. That makes sense, I'll not cheap out and ask a neighbour then.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Next person to continue the naming discussion gets a card. Posts deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

The_Fitz wrote: »

Is there much practice of sharing bins do you know? Only two of us and we wouldn't use that much. Must be quite a few in that situation.

Some of the companies do collections every two weeks instead of every week, if you get the smaller bin and a 2-week collection it might actually suit. I'm in the same situation with 2 people and we find that works for us.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It's a house, there's an entry out the back where the bins are collected from I think. That makes sense, I'll not cheap out and ask a neighbour then.

It would not be something that's common in my experience.
    You only get a 40kg allowance per month with Citybin and they collect the grey bin every 2 weeks and the green/brown bin every 2 weeks in rotation.

In a house situation then I wouldn't expect many other house holds to go half with you as who evers name it is in, will be liable for the costs and also for anything that dumped that shouldn't be.

Also, theres a Bye Law that allows the council to check where you have been getting rid of household waste and this info can be provided from the bin companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭holliehobbie

Different bins collected alternate weeks with Greyhound and Thorntons : recycling one week (Green bin) and Black bin (everything else) the next week. Also a smaller Brown bin for compostable waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭lobbylad

I've never come across Transfer Gecko before in my life- but apparently they pay a commission to letting agents or estate agents to encourage them to push their company as a portal for all services on tenants, landlords and new property owners. They suggest they don't charge a fee to tenants or landlords- but obviously, they're not operating out of the goodness of their hearts- they must be making a markup somewhere- most likely by charging you a premium for the services you buy through them.

Just to clarify on Transfer Gecko, (I work there), we do not charge any premium on services selected or signed up to. We operate as brokers for the service suppliers and get paid by them. The services available through Transfer Gecko are the same as you would get by going directly to the suppliers.

Advertisement