Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vintage Austrailian UTE what category for registration

Options
  • 30-12-2019 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi guys was thinking of buying a 1982 Australian UTE's but it is not registered in Ireland yet . Will it be subject to the new Nox rates ie will it be registered as category N1 or not and any expert be able to guess how much it would cost if it was based on new Nox charges ,,thanks in advance for any advice . (It is in Ireland on Aus Reg plates at the moment) its for sale on done deal search Datsun 720 ,sorry cant post link as im a new user .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I'm off absolutely no use to you with your query but best of luck if you do go ahead. Looks great.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

Forget about the European Whole Vehicle Type Approval classification. The Revenue's VRT categories are the ones that matter.

VRT category C = flat rate €200.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/importing-vehicles-duty-free-allowances/guide-to-vrt/calculating-vrt/applying-the-tax.aspx

NOX charge only applies to VRT category A.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/importing-vehicles-duty-free-allowances/guide-to-vrt/calculating-vrt/nitrogen-oxide-emissions.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭mikehn

As its not an EU reg vehicle will you also be liable for VAT ????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭dar_cool

I've imported a few cars from Japan and they usually don't let you pick it up until the vat and customs fees are paid. Maybe different for an Australian import

• Registered Users Posts: 23 redoak

Thank's Macplaxton for that information ,(did not see that when I was looking at it)yes all vat and customs are paid on it .I think ill will buy it so ,as iv got insurance quote of 336 euro( 3000miles limit).Should i go with ZV plate or 1982 plate ,or what is the pros and cons of each ,sorry to go off topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

redoak wrote: »
    Thank's Macplaxton for that information ,(did not see that when I was looking at it)yes all vat and customs are paid on it .I think ill will buy it so ,as iv got insurance quote of 336 euro( 3000miles limit).Should i go with ZV plate or 1982 plate ,or what is the pros and cons of each ,sorry to go off topic.

Plate wise won't matter.

Purely from an aesthetic pov, go for an 82 plate. ZV plates look shíte at this stage at 5 digits.

82 all the way!

Thanks BonnieSituation ,your the second person that said go for 82 plate ,guy selling it said the same ,regards Redoak

Thanks BonnieSituation ,your the second person that said go for 82 plate ,guy selling it said the same ,regards Redoak

No bother buddy.

Any pics of this yoke anyway?

No bother buddy.

Any pics of this yoke anyway?

I'm a newbe to boards so can't post links if you search done deal for datsun 720 it's that ute I'm thinking of buying I went and had a look at it , it is clean and rust free so I'm going to look at it again and bring some cash this time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

you won't have much room to manoeuvre now having said you're off to buy it..

It will need a CVRT before you can tax it and I'd double check you can insure it, I always thought classic insurance on commercials wasn't easy to get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

Isambard wrote: »
    you won't have much room to manoeuvre now having said you're off to buy it..

It will need a CVRT before you can tax it and I'd double check you can insure it, I always thought classic insurance on commercials wasn't easy to get.

I got my classic landrover commercial insured through Campion Insurance when no one else would touch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭emeldc

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

emeldc wrote: »

That is lovely, I'd consider swapping my defender for that:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,066 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

That is lovely indeed.

'twas in the Tullamore tractor road run too, looks the biz at 3.00min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nusDfz9Yv4&t=180s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭gipi

Just curious - if the VAT and customs has been paid, is that not done at the time of registration? Or can VAT and customs be paid separately to VRT ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I paid VAT and customs to clear port with a car imported from Canada many moons ago.

VRT was a different process with a different approach to collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

Isambard wrote: »
    It will need a CVRT before you can tax it

Not for the first time after you get it registered, you can tax it with no test, otherwise you won't get the registration cert.

I did it last year when VRT ing a vintage commercial

Hi guys yes that's the datsun ,and I did buy it ,in the end .It's very clean I'll try and post pics iv taken off roof bars and the canopy for the moment .Just about to change oil in a few minutes ,got insurance from autoline up north .Thanks For all the replies by the way .I will be doing VRT on 22jan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Absolutely lovely. Well ware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

I didn't realise it was still down under.:D

Advertisement