Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CVRT Question

Options
  • 10-12-2015 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi All. I'm currently restoring an old ice cream van. Bedford CF. It will need to be tested so that I can use it commercially as a business. I have a couple of questions regarding the CVRT test.

1. I have heard that the exhaust pipe needs to exit to the right hand side or the back of the vehicle in Ireland and UK and to the left on the Continent (left hand drive). Is this true or false? Would my van fail if the exhaust was exiting to the left hand side? It is a right hand drive van.

2. What are the rules when it comes to windscreens and scratches? My windscreen has a scratch on the drivers side but it is not directly in the drivers eyeline. It is to the right. Is there a rule as to the size of the drivers eyeline (measurement etc...) or will the scratch cause my van to fail? New windscreen is going to be extremely expensive so would like to avoid if possible.

Thanks in Advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

you can find the test manuals here
    http://www.cvrt.ie/en/About-CVRT/Pages/New-CVR-Testing-Manuals.aspx

I think the glass will be at the testers discression.

I don't think what you heard about the exhaust is true.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 chimpdoctor

Thanks JoeySully!
    That's slightly worrying about the windscreen, not sure whether or not to risk it.
    Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

risk it...a new windscreen will cost you far more than the retest fee...if you can find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

My van passed its test TWICE with a chipped screen...it'd want to be a right bollo)( to fail you for a srcatch...

Advertisement