Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stupid tax question

Options
  • 04-08-2013 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

Sorry, I know this is a stupid question, bit I want to be bulletproof-correct before sending off my docs.

What's the correct Motor Tax class and rate (pa) for a 1973 Lancia Fulvia 1.3s 2dr?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭kasper

AltAccount wrote: »
    Sorry, I know this is a stupid question, bit I want to be bulletproof-correct before sending off my docs.

What's the correct Motor Tax class and rate (pa) for a 1973 Lancia Fulvia 1.3s 2dr?

Thanks

if it is not already vintage on the tax book 56 euro a year call into motor tax office and get them to change it, done it on a car last week in mullingar tax office

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

Never been taxed before in ROI.

In Tax Class on the RF100 I get to tick which one I need. Can I tick "Other" and write "Vintage and Veteran Other Vehicle" in the box, or am I best off heading in in person?
    Obviously, the less time I have to take off work the better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

If the car had a foreign Reg. No. it has to be cleared by Irish Customs. If the car is imported from an E.U. country, which I assume it is, it will cost you E200, to clear it. This is done at an N.C.T. Centre, on behalf of the Customs & Excise. When the paperwork is sorted out, it will cost you E56 to tax it for the year, the engine size makes no difference. You can get all the information you need, plus the form, from the Customs & Excise web site.:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

i'd suggest it's already cleared if he has an RF100

Yep, it's on Irish plates already

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

AltAccount wrote: »
    Never been taxed before in ROI.

In Tax Class on the RF100 I get to tick which one I need. Can I tick "Other" and write "Vintage and Veteran Other Vehicle" in the box, or am I best off heading in in person?
    Obviously, the less time I have to take off work the better :)

yes just do this and send off with the tax....don't forget to declare it off road for any months that have passed by (you will need the Gards to witness your signature)

Already declared and witnessed.

Looks like I'm good to go, cheers!

Advertisement