Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I broke moulded thermoset cover on 1993 Toyota carina diesel 2 Liter

Options
  • 11-05-2013 5:49pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

I broke moulded thermoset cover on 1993 Toyota carina diesel 2 Liter
    This is Japanese import 1975cc 73 hp engine type 2c with 220,000 kilometres body work pretty bad when I got it and then I tend to clip things like poles mostly in car parks

Not a good week bought thermostat to try to solve over heating problem and dropped the thermostat cover and broke one of the three bolt lugs that hold it on .Its a elbow joint water intake pipe about 6 inches long with three bolts holding it onto engine and two bolts for the extension
    The piping is behind the engine where in many of the petrol versions its seems in the front of the engine
    I was onto various breakers in Eire non of theses cars there any body know one in breakers in Irl
    I am also trying the UK and continent.
    Best I can see not much Toyota in Europe especially France and Spain they make cars

I suspect the Toyota Camery 2.2 liter engine is the same engine

Assuming I cant source the part I am wondering can somebody solder this type of water intake elbow bend pipe . I think its aluminium moulded but might be steel seems to be granular type metal. Failing that is these a glue that will stick it

Also if somebody out there has one of these cars not running wants to sell few bits let me know I have other parts I need

In this case this my car I use for normal driving so this isn't a classic per say so I need the part or a solution fairly quickly
    I was going to wait until it reached thirty years old to do it up more

Derry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

071-9181222 George Simpson Toyota Dismantler

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭derry

THX was busy last couple days will ring them now

Derry

Great stuff has the part and will be posted to me tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

George is some legend, always has Toyota stuff that others don't. Nice fella too.

Yes I was lucky I came to classics section .
    George is the proper gentle man figures it all out and searches for those obscure Toyota parts at good price too great service
    I been all over the net couldn't find it anywhere in Dublin or the UK

The car just turned 20 years old the other day but for me is my keep going car it just goes and goes and goes .
    There is only 220,000 kilometers on the clock and these Japanese import cars the Dublin taxi drivers in the profitable 1990s era with hot seating 3 eight hour shifts no stop driving often got more than ~1.5 million kilometers.
    SO I want to keep it going to get my moneys worth only paid 300 for it and its already done for me in 3 years 60,000 kilometers plus .
    I still got another 1.3 million kilometers to go if i live long enough to that many kilometers LOL and in ten years it will be vintage along with me
    roll on 2023

I will have to get mechanic to fix it and stick to the day job my efforts were F

thx for the pointer

Derry

• Advertisement

mistake opened wrong forum

Advertisement