Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A taste of Spring/Summer next week?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Diamond Dust

What a miserable day, raining and feels cold , if this is a taste of spring/summer then I give up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

What a miserable day, raining and feels cold , if this is a taste of spring/summer then I give up

If your expecting a taste of summer in late Feb, then your right to give up :D. Couple of mild days couple up this week and it should feel pleasant in sunshine. From Sunday on looks interesting. Much more settled conditions, with more in the way of sunshine. Some lucky spots may even see 16 degrees in any prolonged sunshine. Actually, seeing as its a week away, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say 17 degrees somewhere in the southern half of the country next Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

It was a nice day here on the hills of North Kilkenny, got to 11.4C, fairly cloudy but was dry.

I think there are less posts as people can be out enjoying it rather than indoors posting and staying warm from the cold outside...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Min wrote: »
    It was a nice day here on the hills of North Kilkenny, got to 11.4C, fairly cloudy but was dry.

I think there are less posts as people can be out enjoying it rather than indoors posting and staying warm from the cold outside...

Maybe it is that min, but to be honest no one really has an interest in the current weather as we have it the majority of the year, a bore fest really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Tomorrow upto 15C to 16C in east Munster/south Leinster.

It is hardly boring.

Spring is about to burst into life after the dark nights of the winter. Longer days, it is all great as one can watch the effects of weather on life and nature.
    Dry and mild would be a dream weather scenario.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

It is boring when the only noticeable difference is that you get too warm while wearing a raincoat!

A low of 10.8C here overnight but its not much good when its still dark, grey and misty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,036 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

It seems the BBC forecast is expecting a bucketload of c**t ??

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

Already 13.5C here in Cork despite cloud and drizzle. A little sunshine would make it very Spring like.
    ME now saying 16C for tomorrow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Miserable day here in Waterford, currently fine, low cloud and feeling cold in the breeze despite being 11c.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭MiNdGaM3

14.3C in Cork now. Cloudy but no rain. If the sun came out I'd say 16 or 17C would be reached easily enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Damp dreary cloudy drizzly and miserable here in Wexford this morning, Some heavy rain overnight and this morning too. Tomorrow is looking a lovely day so fingers crossed we will get some sunshine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

24hr rainfall accumulation up to 5.45pm this evening (from Netweather and I think based on frequency of radar returns only)

193814.png

Drizzle totals really stacking up in parts of the west & north especially.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

This fecking drizzle gets you soaked in seconds but doesn't show on the radar. It's also incredibly localised. I left the house & it was misty but dry. A 5 min walk later & as I got close to the sea the drizzle was hammering down.

I am now trying to guess which day will be drier in Galway - Thursday or Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

24hr rainfall accumulation up to 5.45pm this evening (from Netweather and I think based on frequency of radar returns only)

193814.png

Drizzle totals really stacking up in parts of the west & north especially.

I usually show great interest in your posts DE but this one is of your worst.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Could do with a good heay down pour of rain for a day clear all the dirt and grime off the roads, the drizzle at the moment seems to make the roads horable :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

I usually show great interest in your posts DE but this one is of your worst.:cool:

I'll try harder I promise :o

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Well the horrible stuff is back today & because it deposits little actual rain, the forecasts tend to ignore it. Yesterday was wet here all day :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Hooter23

A taste of summer has arrived in galway anyway last summer that is cloudy dull wet:mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,507 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Much nicer today, max of 15.6 so far in Waterford city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

dear god if this is a taste of what's to come it's going to be a long spring/summer :(
    cloudy,breezy & 14c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Dull, overcast and drizzle here in Naas and it is currently 13c.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

dull and cold,,, :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Warm with a very strong SW breeze.
    Outside temp gauge in the car at one stage read 17c :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Was absolutely lovely in wexford today, sunny and 15c, i was walking around with a t shirt on me was great :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Discodog wrote: »
    Well the horrible stuff is back today & because it deposits little actual rain, the forecasts tend to ignore it. Yesterday was wet here all day :mad:

But they did forecast it discodog. This is what they had on their website this morning. Why say they didn't when it's the main feature of their forecast?
    Today
    Overall rather cloudy and misty today with patchy rain, drizzle and fog but some bright or sunny spells will occur.
    A very mild day with highest temperatures 12 to 16 degrees. Fresh locally strong southwesterly winds will ease gradually.

Tonight
    Cloudy and misty this evening and tonight with rain turning persistent in places. Further fog patches also with poor visibility.. Generally mild with temperatures not falling below 8 to 10 degrees in fresh southwest winds. Clearer, cooler weather will develop in northern areas towards dawn.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:-xcCz3_1JU4J:www.met.ie/+met.ie&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

I'd say if any station reaches 17c this week it would be Mothman's in Ashford. Perfect location for the adiabatic warming effect under these warm sector conditions.
    And a good call with 17.4C being the max. Shame the cloud came so soon. The max was just after midday The temp would have threatened the 18.1C...but life is full of ifs :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Mothman wrote: »
    And a good call with 17.4C being the max. Shame the cloud came so soon. The max was just after midday The temp would have threatened the 18.1C...but life is full of ifs :)

lostinashford recorded 17.1C - and to think I doubted him! :o

(it was a miserable 15.1 here in Sandyford despite the sun)

Advertisement