Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was the Doctor wrong... Harriet Jones?

Options
  • 09-07-2017 6:57pm

Looking at that episode I have to think that The Doctor way over stepped by brining down Jones.

She was right to strike (IMHO) regardless of Sycorax leaving. They invaded and enslaved, and she wanted to send a message that earth would fight back.
    His actions directly lead to the Master's rise.

She was proven right, in that the Doctor would fail to always protect earth, next time we see her. Her subwave is what saves earth at the cost of her own life

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Like RopeDrink, my memory of that season is a little hazy, but I seem to recall those early Tennant episodes leant quite heavily on the Doctor as the ultimate, unforgiving Moral Authority. I think his guilt about the Time Lords translated in a shouty, demonstrative nature seen in 'New Earth' and 'School Reunion' I think, where he'd basically condemn his enemies.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Yeah, he was a big ole hypocrite. But he is. That's part of his characterisation.

He liked having a go at Unit for using weapons, when he himself had used the most destructive weapon the timelords had ever devised two regenerations previously.

Don't wander off! *The Doctor immediately wanders off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

pixelburp wrote: »
    Like RopeDrink, my memory of that season is a little hazy, but I seem to recall those early Tennant episodes leant quite heavily on the Doctor as the ultimate, unforgiving Moral Authority. I think his guilt about the Time Lords translated in a shouty, demonstrative nature seen in 'New Earth' and 'School Reunion' I think, where he'd basically condemn his enemies.

Moffatt lampooning that tendency during 11's run was top 3 best things about Smith's run. Every single epic speech ended with The Doctor eating an 'L' of some sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    Moffatt lampooning that tendency during 11's run was top 3 best things about Smith's run. Every single epic speech ended with The Doctor eating an 'L' of some sort.

And a cool soundtrack. Like that 'words win wars' speech.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Mr.Saturn wrote: »

The 50th was the most blatant. Actual 10 shouting at a poor rabbit :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The 50th was the most blatant. Actual 10 shouting at a poor rabbit :D

Always a bit partial to 11's outburst during 'The Lodger' where a bit of pre-footie banter has The Doc pulling out "I am the oncoming storm" bit.

Advertisement