Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free access to online newspapers and magazines from around the world

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭LiveRadio.ie

moeblogs wrote: »
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/access-newspapers-and-magazines-from-around-the-world-subscription-free-3143341#comments

library.pressdisplay.com/pre…spx

type in 800xxxxxx in the library card area
    No need to register, simply type a number, as above, in the library card area

Here you need to put in an 8 or 9 digit number - your actual library number would probably work but you can try a few & should get access. (Try 800XXXXXX where X is some random number.)

library.pressdisplay.com

I am getting the message: "Invalid barcode/library card number"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Works perfect - thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

worked for me, did you type in random numbers in place of the X's ? as per OPs instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭LiveRadio.ie

rubadub wrote: »
    worked for me, did you type in random numbers in place of the X's ? as per OPs instructions.

Worked for me too. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Thanks works perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Did you put in 800 and then an eight or nine digit number? I did that first, and it didn't work for me either.

But then I tried a nine-digit number INCLUDING 800 (i.e. 800 followed by just SIX random digits), and it worked perfectly.

Have just had a flick through my local paper (just published today). Might buy it anyway, like I normally do, or might just go back for another look online later tonight....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Already discussed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

If you access it from outside Ireland you can get more papers including The Irish Times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ameliaharry654

Wow good news

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭TinCanMan

Works for me. Excellent post OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

That's a fantastic resource. Great find OP! Pity the local papers from back home aren't up on it but you can't have everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Trevord

Mods - Lock or merge

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Asmodean wrote: »
    That's a fantastic resource. Great find OP! Pity the local papers from back home aren't up on it but you can't have everything!

There are some local papers there for Wexford and Drogheda

Advertisement