Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applegreen - 5c off Fuel

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭incentsitive

dodzy wrote: »
    Somebody posts a BA on diesel....and the thread spirals into a poxy whinge about petrol lawnmowers and strimmers not starting. Seriously.......WTF ?

The point is that the fuel is crap so its not a bargain, but to each their own I suppose!! Enjoy the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

OmegaGene wrote: »
    It all comes from the same place lol
    No it's not! When the tankers dock, they make sure to pump it off from the front of the big tank on the ship for Maxol, next bit is for Circle K, bit after that is for TOP, and so on. That's the order they put it into the huge big tanks in the port. Then they have the tanker trucks pull up and fill to deliver to the filling stations from different hoses attached to the huge big tank. One hose for each company.

See? Totally different!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,278 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Oil prices have dropped 30% since October 8th.

Cheers for the post OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,155 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

In Dublin North Central, Applegreen are 5 - 8 cents cheaper at the moment per litre of petrol than Circle K and Maxol e.g. The Applegreens on Howth Road v Circle Ks on the Malahide Road @Artane and Maxol @Artane Castle.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

RoboKlopp wrote:
    Oil prices have dropped 30% since October 8th.

Definitely not reflected at the pump though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

For those in Waterford, 3 circleK's officially opening after rebrand this coming week, one each day, Wed, Thurs and Friday. Petrol and Diesel will be 10c off per ltr from 7am - 7pm on each day apparently.

Wednesday : Dunmore Road
    Thursday: Manor Street
    Friday: Cork Road

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'm near one of the most expensive circle k and it's same price diesel as the apple green and there are none even close to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Pointless arguing about the quality of the fuel, this is a bargain alert, either buy it or don’t every fuel thread is the same
    I’m paying extra at circle k for the more miles diesel and I’m pi55ing money away according to some and I’m saving according to others

Never fill up with these, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Never fill up with these, ever.

I didn't mind Topaz but the Circle K brand to me is horrible, a Canadian company should not be controlling a chain of Irish petrol stations, there was a brand new Circle K built recently on the Cork side of Macroom, its the most expensive Petrol station I know of. I'd honestly run out of Diesel first and walk with a gallon before I'd let them a penny there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

Applegreen diesel and petrol is notoriously bad. I have heard several people say things like lawnmowers etc don't start with it.

The fuel in every fuel station in the country is the same.

No difference.

Comes from same refineries and next up gets the next batch.

Some fools say x forecourt brand is better or worse than another.

Utter and complete bull. It's like saying Kelloggs cornflakes are different because you bought them in dunnes instead of Tesco.

If any of those that make these stupid statements can show me how the base fuel from one forecourt brand is different to another, I'll pay their fuel bill for life.

• Advertisement

The point is that the fuel is crap so its not a bargain, but to each their own I suppose!! Enjoy the weekend!

The point is some people believe utter bullsh1t.

Try finding out very basic information on fuel and you'll realize how ridiculously stupid your rubbish posting is.

I'll buy my fuel from the place with the best price. I couldn't give a damn what name is on the sign.

endacl wrote: »
    No it's not! When the tankers dock, they make sure to pump it off from the front of the big tank on the ship for Maxol, next bit is for Circle K, bit after that is for TOP, and so on. That's the order they put it into the huge big tanks in the port. Then they have the tanker trucks pull up and fill to deliver to the filling stations from different hoses attached to the huge big tank. One hose for each company.

See? Totally different!

Please don't tell me that you believe that sh1te!

Edit - I think (I hope) you are being sarcastic

stdidit wrote: »
    Slightly off topic, but what's the best way to stay in tune with fuel price changes?
    Id like to preempt diesel/petrol going up or down at the pumps so I can tell if I should fill up now if its getting dearer or hold off its its getting cheaper..

Difficult - if Trump farts one way, prices rise. If he farts the other way, prices fall.

Fracking, esp in USA means you'll probably never see $100+ oil again.

So many factors make up the price.

Seasonality, demand, oil price, exchange rate.

Seasonality and demand is easy to predict (high diesel demand Sept to Jan)

Oil prices - you can check financial markets. (Brent crude) Makes up about 35c (euro) of the forecourt price at present.

Refining is about 5-9c depending on demand.

Exchange rate - all oil is traded in dollars.

Tax is circa 48c diesel and 56c petrol.

Vat on top of everything.

About 12c left for distribution and retail costs and profit.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Definitely not reflected at the pump though.
    The oil at the pump would have been paid for several years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Saw diesel today at 132.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,254 ✭✭✭markpb

I paid €1.30 at AppleGreen on Clonskeagh road (Dublin 6). Apart from having the slowest pumps I’ve ever experienced, it compares very well to most chain forecourts around me and, having driven quite a bit today, my engine hasn’t exploded or anything. I don’t drive a lawnmower though, I don’t know if that makes a diffference?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,410 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

my local applegreen dropped their prices by 5c so now they are 0.5c cheaper than everyone else. A pure gimmick that everyone will see through.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Paid €1.32.9 in Kerry on Saturday. It was €1.43.9 in Limerick this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,311 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Keep it up and you’ll be down for slander.

Each station is different. Some stations regardless of who they are might have dirty storage tanks. That could be the difference. It’s like getting a bad Guinness. Sane liquid but comes out bad

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

128.4 centre per litre in the Applegreen closest to me yesterday. I did a 500 mile trip and the fuel consumption was 59mpg.
    This is in line with fuel from other filling stations (TOP, CircleK and Tesco) over the last 3 months.
    So, to all the earlier unhappy posters, what your results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Paid €1.32.9 in Kerry on Saturday. It was €1.43.9 in Limerick this morning.

I paid 1.28.9 in Circle K in Limerick yesterday for Diesel. Nearest Apple Green was a whole 0.8c cheaper. Got steadily cheaper from the Dublin road the further towards Corbally I went.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Miles+ has an additive that cleans fuel injectors, thats pretty much it.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

killanena wrote: »
    Miles+ has an additive that cleans fuel injectors, thats pretty much it.

To say its injector cleaner is a bit of a misnomer. It contains a higher concentration of deposit control additives and 2-EHN than miles which also has those additives. Unless you have something prone to accumulating carbon like a GDI petrol or an old TDCI diesel probably not worth the extra cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

Saw diesel today at 132.

Diesel in Ballina 124.9, unleaded 127.9.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

It seems to me no matter who you get your fuel from the 10c difference between unleaded and diesel has been eradicated since the murmurings about diesel excise rising pre budget 2018, or is there another logical reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

vicwatson wrote: »
    It seems to me no matter who you get your fuel from the 10c difference between unleaded and diesel has been eradicated since the murmurings about diesel excise rising pre budget 2018, or is there another logical reason?

Because they have seen they can charge extra and get away with doing so.

This 5c off is a gimmick as I'm seeing many other stations are now cheaper then apple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Paid 132 for diesel yesterday. It's a welcome cut.

Also saw it at 139.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

While the reduction is welcome, oil has lost nearly 25% of its value from its $80+ dollar high this year. So prices should be coming down anyway. But as usual, always slower to come down than to go up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

vicwatson wrote: »

The required increase in biofuel content has made diesel dearer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Is pumps.ie working at all any more or is there any equivalent for checking stations?
    There's gotta be a market for it.

Advertisement