Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Options
1282930313234»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

I don't know why they sent both orders together (they were ordered over 2 weeks apart) but lesson learned on this one. Such a frustrating experience

Sorry to ask...but what are the lessons learned here???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

.... I've also talked to the local sorting office manager and the things he's said about an post and amazon aren't fit for print. What he did say that I will relay is that they were overwhelmed with amazon orders and the condition some of the stuff arrives in is appalling...

I've no time for this "overwhelmed" excuse, An Post should flex their resources accordingly, a cow in the field could tell you when late November Black Friday onward etc hits then it's Amz Amz package after package until XMas and beyond.
    If they are not capable then they need to stop this BS excuse about "having too much to do" and go out and hire temp staff like any other commercial operation would do to keep it's orders and customers happy.
    An Post have a special "prism" commitment with AMZ but are AMZ their customer or us?

As posted by another user all our non-Amz packages are now stockpiling until who knows when they'll bother their bolix to start sorting and delivering them in droves.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Masala wrote: »
    Sorry to ask...but what are the lessons learned here???

Don't order lots of things at once.
    Don't ring an post customer service because they don't answer in a reasonable time (20+mins on hold).
    Ask that multiple orders be shipped separately (I don't even know if this is a facility they offer but I certainly don't want a repeat of this).
    Get a confirmation of refunds in email before you hang up.

Shall I go on?

physioman wrote: »
    They may still charge once there is proof of delivery. My parcel was late and they refunded me but when it arrived they are asking that I post it back or they will charge me in january.

Ah yeah, I reordered it and will be returning the second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

slave1 wrote: »
    An Post have a special "prism" commitment with AMZ but are AMZ their customer or us?

I guess you meant it as a rethorical question, but you are wrong... It actually is Amazon that is the customer here.. .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Any delivery partner will struggle this time of year. If Amazon were to choose, say, Nightline, we'd be getting our stuff for Easter.

It's not just a matter of hiring temp staff, the logistics and capital resources like sorting and vehicles can't just be doubled for 6 weeks a year.

I'd imagine An Post are coping the least badly of any potential partner of Amazon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Received a parcel motel notification at 10:45 on Saturday night - looks like they’re making an effort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Received my order from Amazon today after ordering on Saturday, expected deliver was Thursday so happy days.. now my other non Amazon package that was shipped from the UK on the 10th of December I don't have a notion where that is...

Received my order from Amazon today after ordering on Saturday, expected deliver was Thursday so happy days.. now my other non Amazon package that was shipped from the UK on the 10th of December I don't have a notion where that is...

Harpy wrote: »

Actually just found a tracking number for the non Amazon order it went to an post dublin in the 13th then arrived in athlone the same day.. and has been in transit since..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Harpy wrote: »
    arrived in athlone the same day.. and has been in transit since..

Probably for sale down The Fiddlers so ;):pac:

Probably for sale down The Fiddlers so ;):pac:

Yeah doesn't sound promising.. hopefully it'll show up at some stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭septictank

Bump!

Amazon have a Spring sale on, started 12am, same sort of thing as the BF/CM sales, might be helpful to have more eyes on the deals.

Advertisement