Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Some serious Inception-esque quotes within quotes going on in the posts above!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The wifey has chicken and ribs ready for the Barbie , guaranteed not to result in either vomiting or a series of loose stools! And she's pretty good, it'll be precooked so won't need long on the grill.... I lovemy wife very much you know, in spite of the whole game hating thing!

I picked up some bit in Marks earlier... mini sausage rolls and the like.

I also popped into Rage... but they had nothing good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

The wifey has chicken and ribs ready for the Barbie , guaranteed not to result in either vomiting or a series of loose stools! And she's pretty good, it'll be precooked so won't need long on the grill.... I lovemy wife very much you know, in spite of the whole game hating thing!

How much did she pay you to write that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I had make promises to "not be bothering her", sounds like I'll be in the same boat as you now Atavan!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Pfft, I'm not asked. Just given restraining orders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

DinoRex wrote: »

I picked up some bit in Marks earlier... mini sausage rolls and the like.

I also popped into Rage... but they had nothing good.
    Sorry to thread hijack but could you PM me please Dinorex? Would love to come if I'm welcome tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Atavan you really need to update your DC region mod, the switch method is now gone the way of the dinosaur. The Link83 bios is where the cool kids are at...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

What food should I bring?
    Pickled Herring?
    Fish Roe?
    Pigs Trotters?

Jaguars earlobes?
    Wolf nipple chips? ( get em while they're hot they're lovely)

EnterNow wrote: »
    Atavan you really need to update your DC region mod, the switch method is now gone the way of the dinosaur. The Link83 bios is where the cool kids are at...
    Link83... That's what I meant earlier.

Last call before I leave, anything required?

• Advertisement

Last call before I leave, anything required?

I still can't get in touch with Dinorex so not sure what the story is about if I can go or not...

If you have any Mega-CD stuff bring it with ya! :-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,534 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A great night, sure glad I didn't miss it!
    Can't believe Sauron knows her name!
    See you all in mine in September?

Thanks again to the hostess with the mostess! Or host with the most, select gender as required.

Just home now, gonna have a cheeky beer and head to the bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Achilles wrote: »
    Link83... That's what I meant earlier.

Right, I'm off to buy a few eeproms so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Right, I'm off to buy a few eeproms so :)

Docentore was selling them a while back, not sure if he has any left though. It's a hybrid retail/dev bios with the Katana intro & is region free. Damned cool

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

EnterNow wrote: »
    Docentore was selling them a while back, not sure if he has any left though. It's a hybrid retail/dev bios with the Katana intro & is region free. Damned cool

Ah, sure just asked for 3x Pre-Programmed and 2x sega saturn PAL region free bios chips...unsure if those exist but hey!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,129 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Cheers for another thoroughly enjoyable night all, with extra gratitude to the ever reliable northside host and southside driver!

That irritating stick is really quite irritating...

Damn, I had forgotten about that game, and now I remember it, and I'm getting somewhat irritated.... bugger! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

After staying the night me and Retr0 ending up stayed til the evening! Poor Dinorex must be sick of us! (thanks so much for everything and pancakes) We almost cleared Resonance, it was just getting really good when we'd to go, it was midnight by the time I was back in Limerick.

Atavan still owe you for the game, I won't forget and Ciderman hope you thanked Ciderwife for us onomnomnomnom. Will be getting Slenderman during the week, wasn't even scared of it :pac: and will upload the ending to Dinorex.

I'm raging that I missed this.

I'm getting in touch with the organiser of the next one well in advance.

Does anyone fancy playing with a Dreamcast Broadband Adapter? ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thanks for another great night although there was a surprising lack of CDi. We finally got to see the end of Dino Rex, it really was a beautiful sight. Also thanks for the bacon pancakes and cidermans missus for the BBQ food!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    We finally got to see the end of Dino Rex

I know he was the scourge of women everywhere and was just too good at games, making us all anxious to avoid playing against him but was murder really the answer?

Next time we have to finish Dino City:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Great evening thanks Dinorex,
    Thanks Atavan for the lift..... awesome navigating also:pac:

Train simulator.....zombies.. WTF

Train Simulator?
    Wasn't that the opening interactive cut-scene from Half Life 3?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Train Simulator?
    Wasn't that the opening interactive cut-scene from Half Life 3?

:eek:

I know I haven't been keeping up to date with current gen but typo I presume? :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    :eek:

I know I haven't been keeping up to date with current gen but typo I presume? :)

No. We had Half Life 3 at my BBQ party... it was that good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

No. We had Half Life 3 at my BBQ party... it was that good.

:D

Actually speaking of half life, I have witnessed first hand your radioactive-looking space invader cakes, you still making them? Quite tasty I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Im Back

After 5 days in sunny England/Wales
    5mile outside Hereford
    Absolute heaven

Really fresh food taken from the ground/bushes/trees

Cooked in many ways with 2 great bbq nights

Some Lots Cider and Real Ales

And a great time with the locals who were in the Olympic spirit

Watched a bit of cricket (And was asked to play but i was pished)

Cycled for countless miles

Collapsed from the heat:o

Went to Cadbury World

Shot a bow

Watched Magic

Got into a round with 8 welsh lads (Big story for next beers:D)

Woke at sunrise every morning (Bloody animals)

Got My Kindle

And of course i introduced a few of the natives to the joy that is Boulder Dash

But after all that i really wish i had made it to the beers. ;)

Next time i shall be there:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Next time we have to finish Dino City:
    awh brilliant! have a good bit of experience, played it a lot after school, dem sfx lol. Ice/cave part had great music imo. Love that you can get off the dino as well.
    Sparks43 wrote: »
    But after all that i really wish i had made it to the beers. ;)

Next time i shall be there:D
    thought we'd have no food since you weren't there, wouldn't believe the amount of boulderdash we played, had a mini tourney, missed out bro
    lol jkjk

hopefully you'll get to go next time, bring your hat

Advertisement