Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transporting deceased

Options
  • 15-10-2009 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭

I am meeting a deceased relative from the USA at Dublin airport. The coffin will go through the Cargo terminal. I have called the carrier, and DAA with less than useful results.

Has anyone done this that can adivse how long it takes to get through to the hearse collecting it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

You're best bet is to try and find which ground operator is handling the plane and to contact them.

Also, the Funeral Directors should have some idea as to what to do or where to go. Sad as it sounds, this is a regular enough occurence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

The funeral directors made all the arrangements when I had to do it some years ago, they're usually quite experienced at it.

Advertisement