Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Flamme Rouge **off topic discussion**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

dahat wrote: »
    2hrs on the turbo awaits me after work, lunatic traffic between my free hours so best do specific work on the turbo.

The forecast for the days ahead looks generally okay so we should gt plenty km's in.

I'd say 95% of my cycling this year so far has been on the turbo due to work and new baby. Nothing like being out on the road but at least with Netflix it's not totally mind numbing

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

coco0981 wrote: »
    I'd say 95% of my cycling this year so far has been on the turbo due to work and new baby. Nothing like being out on the road but at least with Netflix it's not totally mind numbing

Yeah, it's hard in the heat nessecary to achieve certain goals.

I've never watched TV , always music for me though lately I'm trying to turbo & cycle outdoors without music to try understand my levels of effort during intervals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

dahat wrote: »
    Yeah, it's hard in the heat nessecary to achieve certain goals.

I've never watched TV , always music for me though lately I'm trying to turbo & cycle outdoors without music to try understand my levels of effort during intervals.

Music is the only way for more demanding turbo sessions alright. Couldn't concentrate on TV for that. But for lower intensity stuff I find Netflix handy. But even then it's always some easy watching that doesn't involve any concentration. Watching "The Last Kingdom" at the minute which I wouldn't normally watch as it's fairly tame, but it's easy watching

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Try F for Frank, solid 30mins of pure laughs but not around kids.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

david o'doherty seems to be spendng the money from his comedy career wisely.

https://twitter.com/phlaimeaux/status/1128682561465659392

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Gotta love DO'D. Nearly wet myself laughing a few months ago in Vicar Street last time he was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I just love D.O'D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭Rechuchote

Boscoirl wrote: »
    I had to call the cops. Eventually they calmed him down enough to move the car over to the side of the road. Then he kicked off again.

Usually producing a camera and starting to film softens their cough.

Who or what is D O'D? Surely not Daniel O'Donnell?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,331 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

David o'doherty - they're referring to my post above. He's a comedian.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,742 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Years ago, before he moved to the UK, D O'D did a comic play in which he ran a bike shop. It was funny and had nice songs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

tomasrojo wrote: »
    Years ago, before he moved to the UK, D O'D did a comic play in which he ran a bike shop. It was funny and had nice songs.

He lives in Portobello no?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

He does, or between there and whelans anyway.

His old colnago was killed in a crash some years ago. Big into cycling. Cycles to his Dublin gigs, but on a beater.

He frequently mentions it in shows.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

He's been a pedaller all his days.
    Notable cameo from Cliff in there too.

This always, always, always makes me laugh - How Lance Armstrong Ruined Everything:

Love the DOD

Weepsie wrote: »
    His old colnago was killed in a crash some years ago.
    the double downtube one? i think it just came apart on him.

nee wrote: »

Oh, right. I sort of assumed if he was on UK panel shows all the time he lived there. I guess we have airplanes these days, and whatnot.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I love DOD

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Anyone else's saddle fall off and get run over by a car this morning? :p

JQRxkmC.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

That's seen some...ehh...mileage...

cjt156 wrote: »
    That's seen some...ehh...mileage...

Ha yes, the car running over it didn't help..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

colm18 wrote: »
    Anyone else's saddle fall off and get run over by a car this morning? :p

JQRxkmC.jpg?1

Ah here. Drop around and I'll wash your bike :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

daragh_ wrote: »
    Ah here. Drop around and I'll wash your bike :)

I do believe the saddle's parting words were 'I can't live in this filth anymore!'

:pac:

what happened? did it snap at the nose and slide off the back?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Peter T

Enjoy the spin home...

hmmm, maybe it could do with a wash alright..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

nee wrote: »

I think he does, he also knows the best local "fancy goods" shops!

https://twitter.com/phlaimeaux/status/293438457194352641

David O'Doherty

Verified account

@phlaimeaux
    21 Jan 2013
    Took @palomafaith to Camden Casket to buy envelopes. She couldn't believe the value

BBKAuN0CEAEXtUK.jpg:large

35566.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Any safe spot to lock the roadbike while I run into Dundrum Town Centre for an hour?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Thargor wrote: »
    Any safe spot to lock the roadbike while I run into Dundrum Town Centre for an hour?

There are bike stands inside the shopping centre car park, I wouldn't go near the ones near the outside council car park.

There's always parking round by the elevator beside the Royal Sun Alliance building, and it's safe enough, in my experience. But there's a reason there's always parking there ... it's not really near very much. There's parking down the side that's maybe handier and also safe in my experience; just outside the exit that's signposted for the Luas (on Floor 2 or 2M, I think?).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,954 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

colm18 wrote: »
    Anyone else's saddle fall off and get run over by a car this morning? :p...
    Apologies for going off topic but I'm just curious as to why you mount the pannier on the near side. I see that a lot and it always puzzles me. If I was using one, I'd have to have it on the off side. I'd imagine it would make the bike look wider on that side and encourage safer passing. The reflective strip would also be more effective.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Apologies for going off topic but I'm just curious as to why you mount the pannier on the near side. I see that a lot and it always puzzles me. If I was using one, I'd have to have it on the off side. I'd imagine it would make the bike look wider on that side and encourage safer passing. The reflective strip would also be more effective.

I think that ship sailed a long time ago.

Advertisement