Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online MTB coaching

Options
  • 23-10-2018 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭

Anybody tried any online mtb coaching? I have been using the Ryan Leech website and find it fantastic. He was a trials legend back in the 90's on a Danny McGaskill level and a very good mountainbiker. Most of the skills like bunnyhop, manuals, trackstands are broken down into very small easy steps which you can progress on over weeks/months rather than the 3 minute GMBN video to a double backflip. It's more targeted at risk-adverse adult learners than kids who can take a hop and get straight back up.

It's saucy but I've been at it pretty much daily for 30 mins on my lunch break and it does make a difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,290 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Heard him, and the feedback, on the TrainerRoad podcast. Is it worth the money, or are you doing the free stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Heard him, and the feedback, on the TrainerRoad podcast. Is it worth the money, or are you doing the free stuff?

I pay for it and it is expensive. It has improved my riding and general overall balance on the bike, especially on low speed tech stuff. To be honest my MTBing was going stale, it gave me a new direction to go in the sport. You don't need any trails for practicing, just kerbs, traffic cones, slopes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 irish1759

The red bull TV app has some short video in the bike section that are good . Also the event videos are awesome too.

It's a great app for any sports and it's free, I love it really got into watching the slopestyle events

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

Advertisement