Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which MTB to buy?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,965 ✭✭✭Plastik

I'd be buying the Bizango over the other two, or a Vitus Nucleus for €585 on Wiggle, or if it fits, CKeego has a Vitus Sentier in the ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭mistermatthew

Cheers,

I'll give him a shout.
    Plastik wrote: »
    I'd be buying the Bizango over the other two, or a Vitus Nucleus for €585 on Wiggle, or if it fits, CKeego has a Vitus Sentier in the ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Plastik wrote: »

I'd have a close look at that cube. Second hand for sure, but specced way better than the bizango

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

rizzodun wrote:
    I'd have a close look at that cube. Second hand for sure, but specced way better than the bizango

Yea I'd be checking out that cube also, have a cube enduro myself, very happy with it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

What are the thoughts on Cannondale these days, their Trail series in particular? Always had a good rep when I last MTB'd and were usually a source of envy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Hurrache wrote: »
    What are the thoughts on Cannondale these days, their Trail series in particular? Always had a good rep when I last MTB'd and were usually a source of envy.

Also refereed to as crack n fail. I took out a jekyll for a spin recently and didn't like it at all.

I think that's as relevant as Fiat It Again Tomorrow these days though, it's a nearly 2 decade old saying at this stage and not really applicable anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Hurrache wrote: »
    I think that's as relevant as Fiat It Again Tomorrow these days though, it's a nearly 2 decade old saying at this stage and not really applicable anymore?

I think you need to do some more research plenty of recent reports of frame failure.

Maybe. I've done a few searches and reading of threads on MTB forums for the range over the last couple of years (not carbon) and didn't see it mentioned so that's why I presumed it's not a particular issue with them. First few results are threads to dispel the 'myth' or talking about what manufacturers it now applies to, and the recent ones I found were on older bikes. I'll see what I find if I dig deeper.

Edit, just to say I picked up another brand anyway during the week as I mentioned in another thread,, but had been looking at one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Gerry

That's sort of mad. I had heard of crack and fail but didn't think it was still a thing. I've been lucky enough to have a lend of a 2013 Jekyll 1 carbon for the past 6 months, it's an amazing machine. Its been through all upgrades and now has a new SRAM drivetrain, pike fork, hope brakes, etc . I thought it might be fragile but it has done a season of enduro without any bother. It's been a challenge to find a 27.5 or 29er bike that is any better. On the flip side I did try a new Jekyll at a demo day, I thought it was good but not 6200 good.

• Advertisement
Advertisement