Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

I'm more than a bit worried about the Paul Green signing.
    As Warnock has said that he sees him as a player who can create as well as score goals, he clearly sees him as a replacement for Clayton.

Green must have been signed as a starting player if he left Derby after being offered a new deal. Surely he could have stayed with Derby or gone to any number of League 1 teams to get 1st team football.
    Also Football365 said that "Leeds swoop for Green". A bit tongue in cheek, sounds like there was a queue waiting at the airport for him after his performance against the Spanish.

Would Green have signed if he was only going to be a bench warmer?

I'd be very, very worried if our midfield this season was Brown and Green. Mix them together and you get a very nasty shade of ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,065 ✭✭✭✭event

I won't rule on any of our signings until i see them play for us in NW's setup.
    but are ye really surprised that we aren't spending much money?
    Sure when have we ever, freebies and loans lads, same old same old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭KnowYourEnemy

Warnock said: “One or two fans may
    moan about the two signings being
    free transfers. But my first two
    signings at QPR were Clint Hill and
    Shaun Derry on frees and they didn’t
    do bad, did they

He's been reading Boards, obviously :D

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

A good read about the LUST meeting last night:

http://www.thescratchingshed.com/2012/06/an-evening-of-l-u-s-t/

Rob green moves to qpr, definitely moving to us then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Richard SutcliffeRSootyYPSport
    Rob Green joining QPR edges Paddy Kenny closer to Leeds. Am reliably told he wants to sign but nothing can happen until takeover done. #lufc

Is this takeover actually gonna happen?

I doubt it

McCormack to Huddesfield and Lonegan to Boltin according to YEP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ah yes, send decent players off to rivals...makes sense.

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Ah yes, send decent players off to rivals...makes sense.

Lonergan's dogsh*t and Huddersfield aint our rivals

I don't think he's a bad keeper, and anyone in the division are our rivals at this rate.

I don't think he's a bad keeper, and anyone in the division are our rivals at this rate.

If Kenny comes in Lonergan won't be a loss I don't think, also young Alex Cairns has been getting rave reviews.

We've already beat the dog botherers to Paul Green, Jordan Rhodes is on his way and they've got Simple Simon at the helm with Glynn Snodin sorting their defence.

Think they'll be lucky to stay up personally

Kenny would definitely be a better option, but still need a better defence.

I dont think Leeds will do all that well next season, should be safe though. Huddersfield wont be too far off.

http://twitter.com/#!/jprvause

Have a read of this guy's tweets. Apparently he's not one to speak rubbish and is trusted when it comes to info.

He had a bit of info he shared last week but had no more. He then found out some more info and didn't release it until TSB talked a bit about what they've heard.

Some very encouraging potential news.......one example
    James Vause‏JPRVause
    I've been cautious with tweets prior to today but I'm 100% confident this time round. Keep the faith and strap in for a hectic summer! #lufc

There's just too much talk from people in and around the club and other sources to not believe we're in a process of change.

http://twitter.com/#!/batesout

Bates-Out.comBatesOut
    I can confirm: #BatesIsOut

Bates-Out.comBatesOut
    Pre-agreement has been signed today! Will go through at the end of the month to coincide with staff wages etc. #BatesIsOut

If Kenny comes in Lonergan won't be a loss I don't think, also young Alex Cairns has been getting rave reviews.

We've already beat the dog botherers to Paul Green, Jordan Rhodes is on his way and they've got Simple Simon at the helm with Glynn Snodin sorting their defence.

Bit harsh IMO.

Did you post here before under a different name?

event wrote: »

Bit harsh IMO.

Harsh why?

And no, I did not

Linked with Luke Varney and David Norris in the YEP

Varney's garbage but Norris would definitely be a decent signing

Clayton off to Reading for £2.5 million according to The Mirror.

Seems a bit pricey to me. Also hoping its bull****.

After Snodgrass, Clayton is the one player we should be busting a gut to keep,. I REALLY rate him :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

After Snodgrass, Clayton is the one player we should be busting a gut to keep,. I REALLY rate him :(

Clayton is transfer listed so I wouldn't hold your breath. Smashing player though

Clayton is transfer listed so I wouldn't hold your breath. Smashing player though

You just KNOW he'll excel elsewhere, so hopefully Warnock has a change of heart and takes him off the transfer list

Bit harsh IMO.

Harsh why?

And no, I did not

I thought grayson did well with us tbh, considering bates restrictions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭fanzhiyidan

i thought Grayson underachieved with Leeds because he couldn't get his team to defend.
    However after Warnock's time in charge, I'd have to give the players more of the blame.
    Warnock got them working as a defensive unit for the first few games, then it all fell to pieces again and at times they were worse than under SG.

hopefully all this business about the take over actually happens and we end up getting a decent defence and midfield at the club.

the midfield looks especially poor at the moment if he's thinking of starting brown and green.

I'm optamistic though. At least we've been making a few moves in the transfer market.
    Get rid of more of the dead wood and get in some players who will actually be first team players and hope to the high heavens that a bit of money comes into the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Im sorry but I dont believe any of this nonsense about take overs or Bates leaving.
    I wouldnt be surprised if Warnock walks.

will we have a squad come August???? wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

SarahBM wrote: »
    Im sorry but I dont believe any of this nonsense about take overs or Bates leaving.
    I wouldnt be surprised if Warnock walks.

will we have a squad come August???? wait and see.

IwanttoBelieve_BRT.jpg

Takeover and Bates out will happen. I believe!

ITS FúCKING ON!!!!!

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20120626/a-club-statement-on-investment_2247585_2823554
    Further to our previous statement of the 29th May, Leeds United can confirm they have granted an exclusivity period to enable a potential investor to carry out the appropriate due diligence.

It is anticipated this will be a fairly straightforward process.

A confidentiality clause prevents the club from making any further comment. However, our discussions with them have left us very comfortable that they have the financial resources to support the club and that they will have no issues in satisfying the requirements of the Football League's Owners and Directors Test, unlike many of the previous approaches we have had to endure.

We will not be making any further announcements in the near future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Delighted. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Good stuff, let's hope it's all done and dusted quickly and the squad rebuilding can commence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

I'm grinning from ear to ear like a child on christmas morning :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

the only way it could be worse than bates would be if the buyer was alex ferguson

few tweets:
    Anthony Lewis ‏@MrAnthonyLewis

@Mattdavelewis @andrewhaigh you can only do a fit proper persons test if you are purchasing a minimum 30%. This will be a major shareholder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Great news :D. I hope its all done and dusted soon and we can start looking forward to this season with real optimism. Oh and we better not have to change our colours ;)

@PhilHayYEP: Very strong suggestions that money behind #lufc deal is coming from the Middle East but no official confirmation on that yet

@PhilHayYEP: One sports lawyer I've spoken to says #lufc's statement at face value points firmly to a full takeover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

oh Fairy Godmother, is it really true?!?!? Can it be????

INTERVIEW FROM RADIO LEEDS WITH L.U.S.T

Presenter: Lets hear Gary Cooper now from the Leeds United Supporters Trust, evening Gary

Gary Cooper: Evening

Presenter: What do you make of the statement released today?

GC: Well I'm really pleased that the club have made a statement. At the public meeting we had last Week it was very clear that the supporters were pushing very hard for the club to make some kind of statement and let them know what is going on. We reiterated that when we spoke to you last week so we bagging the club and said come on let's know what was happening. I'm very pleased that the club has come out and done this and thank you very much for letting us know. It's great news like Adam said it does open the door to a great deal of possibilities and opportunities but I think it is absolutely brilliant news.
    Presenter: As you say it opens the door and if there was speculation before there certainly will be now as to who the potential investors are and whether this is investment or takeover.

GC: Well, I can say that the information we have received is that this is a takeover I think we are pretty confident in that. The statement from the club does tend to leave it a little bit open-ended and it could be interpreted in a couple of ways but from the sources we have spoken to we are confident that this is the takeover we felt would be in place.
    Presenter: How long do you think that this due diligence process will take and if it is what you think it is as a takeover how long do you think that that will take as well?

GC: In all honesty that's a difficult question to answer. I am am pretty certain that perhaps things are are a little bit more advanced than the statement suggests so I would be hopeful that more positive news could break sooner rather than later. That said due diligence is a complicated process at best and if its going to be done it needs to be done correctly though I would urge the supporters of Leeds United to allow the potential buyers the opportunity to do this without the frenzy of knowing who they are at present. Let's get the process underway, let's get it done and I'm pretty certain we'll all come out the other side very happy.

Presenter: How much financial clout do you expect these potential investors to have? The statement says, "..the discussions we have had have left us very comfortable that they have the financial resources to support the club and also that they have no issues that they will satisfy the the requirements of the Football Leagues owners and directors test. You seem to know quite a bit that what you are divulging to us, but, seemingly these is going to benefit Leeds United.

GC: You would hope so, certainly if we go back to the original statement that the club put out on the 29th May that statement said that they would look to bringing in investors that would be for the long-term future of Leeds United. Now I think regardless of how you would interpret that the long-term future of Leeds United means that we need owners that are financially able to give us the security of our own ground, our own training ground as well and to invest on the team on the pitch to give us and our manager the opportunity to do what he's set out to do and that is to get us promoted next season. I'm confident that these people are very much in a position to able to do that.
    Presenter: When you say in a position to do that are we talking the Championship of Roman Abramovich or is this just a decent amount of cash that the club will be able to throw at transfer fees, they are not going to pay their way out of the championship?

GC: It would be wrong of me to say any more but I would urge the new buyers to support Neil Warnock and to show that long-term future for the club that the club statement on 29th May asked for. I'm confident that they can do that.

Presenter: If we're speaking again at the end of this next season and this investment has gone through, how will you envisage Leeds United's season going with the backing of this investment?

GC: I can only go back to our Vision Statement in January the ambition is there for all to see. Adam was very eloquent when he talks about the potential for Leeds United. The fans know that and I think that football supporters all around the world know that. Everyone knows about Leeds United with the right investment and the right people at the helm the potential for this club is amazing. Lets hope we're going to see that recognised. The fans have waited very patiently,the fans have been brilliant, they have waited very patiently for something really positive to come from what's been a few years now of difficult times, lower gates, lowest position in the league, record defeats at home, best players being sold. But there's been some positives from the current owners, we've had the East stand improvements and we seem to be financially in a decent position, so now seems the right time for someone to come in and take it on to that extra step.

Presenter: Gary, thank you very much for joining us this evening.

If it fully goes through, I can financially spport the club again at last. Will even bother posting in here too.

In the meantime, heres a song:

7691222708a11315978607l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

There's also a rumour out that it may be Yanks. Either way the quicker Bates is gone, the better.

There's also a rumour out that it may be Yanks. Either way the quicker Bates dies, the better.

Fixed it for you ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Fixed it for you ;-)

That's what I was thinking:D:D:D

Anyone else at the very giddy stage after todays' developments?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭championc

Surprised there wasn't an announcement today since the BBC ran with the story and also with LUST confirming the link is to the Middle East. LUST had previously said they were keeping completely quiet as not to jeopardise any deal.

championc wrote: »
    Surprised there wasn't an announcement today since the BBC ran with the story and also with LUST confirming the link is to the Middle East. LUST had previously said they were keeping completely quiet as not to jeopardise any deal.

Did you listen to Gary Cooper's interview on Radio Leeds? He was saying it's up to the bidders to reveal themselves.

All seems very close, it's very exciting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭championc

JokerD wrote: »
    All seems very close, it's very exciting.

Certainly seems that way. Looking forward to ban being lifted on BBC at ER. More TV money can only be a good thing.

JokerD wrote: »
    Anyone else at the very giddy stage after todays' developments?

What happened?

What happened?

It was reported that there were 'major developments' overnight and that the deal was 'all but done' now.

Phil HayPhilHayYEP
    The takeover at #lufc appears to be reaching its end-game. I understand that the deal with a group from the Middle East is all but done

Phil HayPhilHayYEP
    At the moment I've got no firm indication of when #lufc takeover will be formally sealed and announced but it's very close.

Phil Hay is pretty clued up and I wouldn't expect him to report rubbish.

Then Gary Cooper from L.U.S.T was on Radio Leeds this morning talking about the proposed takeover, he was very confident about everything and got fans into a bit of a frenzy by saying "we can dare to dream". This could mean lots of things but it's looking good at the minute.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh so excited!!!!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement