Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting flight London Stansted

• 17-01-2017 9:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,826 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys, travelling next month from Cork-Stansted and onwards Stansted-Edinburgh with airport. Only have 1 hour and 15 mins between flights to make the next one. Is this at all doable?

Have been on to Stansted, and they've said as it's 2 separate flights would neet to exit arrivals and go through security check to get to departures.

Will be landing at 20.10 and onward flight is 21.25 so would imagine security check shouldn't be too bad at that time of the evening with less flights out. There's an option for £5 fasttrack security pass too.

Just with flight arriving late, long walk to gate for next flight I think it could be a bit hairy. Anyone have any tips/advice from doing something similar previously?

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,826 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Yeah, think late incoming flight is my major issue. Flown Ryanair lately fair bit including to Stansted and times were pretty spot on so hopefully will be ok this time.

Nope, just hand luggage, so at least there's that.

This is departures for tonight, doesn't look too busy but could be different evening I'm flying out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,661 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It not really 21:25 as the gate will close earlier. TBH it's way to tight and an unusual routing.

ted1 wrote: »
    It not really 21:25 as the gate will close earlier. TBH it's way to tight and an unusual routing.

Heading to Scotland Ireland game, it was only way around crazy prices direct

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Eod100 wrote: »
    ted1 wrote: »

Heading to Scotland Ireland game, it was only way around crazy prices direct

I was about to ask why the hell you're not going direct or even from Dublin but this explains it.
    My tip. pay to sit in row 1-3 off the flight from Cork to Stansted and ensure you have priority board, this will ensure your hand luggage get in the cabin with you, and sitting up front will ensure a speedy exit on arrival. This will create valuable minutes for you to run through the airport. 
    Remember airlines have the right to close the gate 30 mins before scheduled departure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭VG31

Locker10a wrote: »
    Remember airlines have the right to close the gate 30 mins before scheduled departure

Although this is possible, it's very unlikely. Usually I find the 'gate closes' time is when boarding starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,233 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Check the flight scheduling, it's possible that your flight may be on a turnaround of 25 mins, in which case there's no way boarding will start until around 10mins before scheduled departure unless the plane arrives significantly early.

Also check the ontime history of both flights.

If it comes to it and you miss your flight, it'll cost you €100 and you'll be put in the next available flight (which would be the next morning).

Locker10a wrote: »
    I was about to ask why the hell you're not going direct or even from Dublin but this explains it.
    My tip. pay to sit in row 1-3 off the flight from Cork to Stansted and ensure you have priority board, this will ensure your hand luggage get in the cabin with you, and sitting up front will ensure a speedy exit on arrival. This will create valuable minutes for you to run through the airport. 

Yeah was thinking of doing that to get in first few rows but last time I flew to stansted from cork, had to be bussed to terminal so not sure it would make any difference then! :/

VG31 wrote: »
    Although this is possible, it's very unlikely. Usually I find the 'gate closes' time is when boarding starts.

Yeah was hoping for that. Once you're in line as flight boarding should be ok?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

i think once you aren't delayed landing you should be okay, I've been through stansted a few times in the past month including 26th december which was busy and made it through security in 20minutes

keep moving once your off the inbound flight and you will be alright i think

I'm sure you were all hanging on the edges of your seat for an update (or not at all..) but managed to make it alright with a bit of time to spare! :)

Advertisement