Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Conspiracy Theory"

Options
  • 20-01-2014 9:14pm
    Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭

As far as I know the term was forced into the popular discourse by the CIA and was used to discredit the legitimate debate about the findings of the Warren Commission.

I just wanted to start a discussion on issues that are considered "conspiracy theory" that probably should be considered valid for mainstream discussion. The moving of the thread on the Fed is what got me thinking. Other topics along the same lines IMO would be Fluoride in the water, vaccinations, issues relating to the covert actions of the "deep state" and any deviations from the official Holocaust narrative.

I'd be interested if anyone has anymore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,446 ✭✭✭weisses

9/11

Official story still is full of holes using pseudo science

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Good luck with the 9/11 one, that is the modern day flagship for the mainstream view of conspiracy theories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

It amuses me when the likes of Cameron /Kenny and the rest of the so called world leaders call the opposition conspiracy theorists
    Must make all the skeptics feel all cosy and safe when the government loses an election and the opposition (nutters) get into power

As far as I know the term was forced into the popular discourse by the CIA and was used to discredit the legitimate debate about the findings of the Warren Commission.

wasnt aware of that but it fits nicely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

You know wrong. The phrase goes back to the early 20th C, at the latest
    I just wanted to start a discussion on issues that are considered "conspiracy theory" that probably should be considered valid for mainstream discussion
    So you're asking a group of conspiracy theorists as to which of their pet theories are actually worth discussing? That will be fruitful

Although I'm curious as to how someone distinguishes between, say, a massive and secretive US plot to blow up the Twin Towers and a massive and secretive Soviet plot to undermine America via people's precious bodily fluids. What distinguishes those "valid for mainstream discussion" from the merely crackpot?
    ...any deviations from the official Holocaust narrative.
    Is that the new euphemism for denialism? If it is then you're doing well to even be allowed to discuss it in the CT forum

Reekwind wrote: »

Would be nice to quote wher you got that info from.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory

So you're asking a group of conspiracy theorists as to which of their pet theories are actually worth discussing? That will be fruitful

Isn't that what a discussion forum should provide (the ability to discuss)
    Although I'm curious as to how someone distinguishes between, say, a massive and secretive US plot to blow up the Twin Towers and a massive and secretive Soviet plot to undermine America via people's precious bodily fluids. What distinguishes those "valid for mainstream discussion" from the merely crackpot?

For 9/11 there were many imo ridiculous claims and there are more valid theories, i think your own judgement and input from others could determine if it would be valid for mainstream discussion. space lasers is a crackpot theory regarding 9/11 imo
    Is that the new euphemism for denialism? If it is then you're doing well to even be allowed to discuss it in the CT forum

Why do we only see you when Israel or the word Jew is involved ?

But i Think theories denying the Holocoust happened are not allowed here. (and i would not accept a topic like that either)

And it wouldn't be a mainstream theory anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

weisses wrote: »
    For 9/11 there were many imo ridiculous claims and there are more valid theories, i think your own judgement and input from others could determine if it would be valid for mainstream discussion. space lasers is a crackpot theory regarding 9/11 imo
    What I am curious about is what criteria people here will use for this incredibly subjective exercise and whether there's an acknowledgement that the remainder conspiracy theories are outlandish nonsense

Ultimately I suspect that we'll see a very long list of conspiracy theories that are deserving of "mainstream discussion" as everyone adds their pet favourite
    Why do we only see you when Israel or the word Jew is involved ?
    You've rumbled me. I'm in the pay of a cabal of Jewish financiers bent on world domination

The question still stands to the OP, BTW

You've rumbled me. I'm in the pay of a cabal of Jewish financiers bent on world domination

Money any good ?

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

You sure about that?

No, I am putting forward a topic of debate to all which I understood to be the point of this website.
    The facts.
    Why is that?

Advertisement