Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap decent tennis racket?

• 21-08-2013 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Were could I get one?
    I just want to play tennis a bit socially and with my gf for fun. I play a lot of squash but not much tennis. I was just going to play tennis with a meetup.com group , so nothing to high a level.
    Should I buy online? Or are there decent ones in shops, would 30 euro get me something use able?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Don't buy a cheap racquet. I'm serious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

If you're near Martyn Evans Sports in Fitzwilliam Tennis Club in Dublin, you'll be able to pick up a decent racket there fairly cheap (they sell second hand ones too). They'll also advise as to which would be best for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

Oh yeah, I've been into Martyn's shop to buy a squash stuff, I'd be afraid to go in, I go there to get a racket re strung and see the nice stuff , come out with new squash racket.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Netherlands

Sports direct dot com

Best ever, huge discounts.

Have you ordered stuff from them before? And how long does it usually take to be delivered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Netherlands

I have ordered plenty of stuff from them, there is a 6.99 delivery charge, though believe me you will be getting a bargain. Once on the website sort products by highest % discount.

Usually takes 3-5 days, if you prefer the personal touch go to Martin Evans sports store in Fitzwilliam tennis club, here you can trial racquets and trade in your old ones.

Martin Evans have a large selection of second hand racquets starting at circa 50 euro, though sports direct can't be beaten on price.

If you want to join a social tennis group google search

Just Tennis Greater Dublin, I can't post the link here

They run socials, competitions, weekly meetings and tennis holidays.

I'm in the Just Tennis Greater Dublin meetup group. Just not played tennis in a bit with exams and all.
    I was looking for new squash runners, I lost one during the week and being a poor student I need cheap, usually I get the personal touch in with Martin, just this time I went for cheap. Runners ordered !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Head YouTek all the way ...

Seriously, you can't go wrong with HEAD , they are an amazing brand.

This thread changed to me needing squash runners, got the racket last year in Fitzwilliam shop. Just 2nd hand, I take squash a bit serious but tennis I see as more just a social thing and some fun. So racket selection isn't all that important. Exams and college over soon so I might actually get to play some summer tennis soon.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

abceire wrote: »
    This thread changed to me needing squash runners, got the racket last year in Fitzwilliam shop. Just 2nd hand, I take squash a bit serious but tennis I see as more just a social thing and some fun. So racket selection isn't all that important. Exams and college over soon so I might actually get to play some summer tennis soon.

Racquet selection is important. You don't want tennis elbow from getting a cheap racquet.

• Advertisement

I got one, it's a decent 2nd hand racket, not used it much of late though, I really should now summer is here.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

abceire wrote: »
    I got one, it's a decent 2nd hand racket, not used it much of late though, I really should now summer is here.

Yes, this is certainly the weather to enjoy it.

Advertisement