Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"Beware of Amateur Scientists"

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

Jonny7 wrote: »
    I am waiting for the guy who cured himself of cancer to get back to us.
    Cancer is simple to cure .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

I am very skeptical of that claim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭ed2hands

jh79 wrote: »
    "Beware Amateur Scientists", you just proved it, Toxicity is dependant on concentration, a small amount of amphetimine is fine.What do you know on the chemistry of amphetamines?Because they tend to be a drug of abuse you assume it has no medical applications. LSD was thought to have major potential in mental illness at smal doses but because of amateur scientists and Daily Mail type reactionary opinions the research was shelved.

Thanks for the info on toxicity and your gems of wisdom like "a small amount of amphetamine is fine".
    And your disappointment that us "amateur scientists" single-handedly scuppered LSD being used for mental illness.

I have no opinions on Ritalin per se because i know little about it but yours is tabloid like. Vit C is toxic also if consumed in large amounts so should we ban Rubex for kids- obviously not.

So everything is toxic is it? Who'd have known?
    What i was pointing out many moons ago now is that giving Ritalin to kids should be banned IMO.
    Chow down on this book if you need to know all about how toxic that **** is even in small doses never mind the whopping ones doled out on prescription:

http://books.google.com/books/about/Talking_back_to_Ritalin.html?id=JORPkYnbYC4C
    "....Evidence that amphetamines are toxic to brain cells has been documented for more than thirty years and the mechanism continues to be refined"

Ritalin is just a chemical with certain properties to me but to you its means so much more and that is why your amateur scientist opinions can be dangerous.

I'll tell you whats dangerous mate: Giving Ritalin to toddlers.
    "Of course its ****ing toxic", wanna flesh that out a bit, LD50 etc, major metabolites etc

Nope.
    Look you don't like pharma companies we get it

Wrong. I don't like some pharma companies' policies.
    , but you won't change anything thank f***k

You certainly seem to wish so...

Seeing as you don't mind cross-thread references and the like and bringing up my personal views, i certainly wish you don't have any say in our food industry either judging by your opinions on here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056191421

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

espinolman wrote: »

If it is simple to cure why do people still die from cancer?

Also do you mean all types of cancer?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Okay, my uncle is dying of prostrate cancer, what "simple" thing should he do to cure it?

• Advertisement

If it is simple to cure why do people still die from cancer?

Because most people are ignorant , guillible , stupid , idiots . IMHO .
    Also do you mean all types of cancer?

I do not know .

Okay, my uncle is dying of prostrate cancer, what "simple" thing should he do to cure it?

I am not a doctor , i just saying what i have done personnaly myself to handle my illness .
    Also , as far as i know , its against the rules of the forum to give medical advise ,and i am not giving any , anything i have stated on the forum is concerning my own experiences and should not be interpreted as medical advice .

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭clever_name

I am not a doctor , i just saying what i have done personnaly myself to handle my illness .
    Also , as far as i know , its against the rules of the forum to give medical advise ,and i am not giving any , anything i have stated on the forum is concerning my own experiences and should not be interpreted as medical advice .

Have you never been curious to find out if you do really have the cure for cancer by sharing your cure?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

And I'd like to remind all of this rule. Anything said here should be taken as the opinion of a random person on the internet. Nobody here is an expert, and even when providing links or evidence, such evidence should be treated as a matter of discussion only, and should not be taken as medical advice.

Jonny7, I think I understand the point you are trying to make, but there are better ways to make it.

Have you never been curious to find out if you do really have the cure for cancer by sharing your cure?

I remember years later , i think the year 2000 or 2001 , i was listening to the Gerry Ryan show and a guest came on , talking about curing cancer with nutritional therapy , he was talking about how he cures cancer with food , also the guest talked about doctors in eastern europe not being allowed to learn anything about nutrition and that the pharmacetical companies were behind that , i remember he also was talking about how the irish cancer society is corrupt , because it is connected to the american cancer society .

The truth is out there .

• Advertisement

I remember years later , i think the year 2000 or 2001 , i was listening to the Gerry Ryan show and a guest came on , talking about curing cancer with nutritional therapy , he was talking about how he cures cancer with food , also the guest talked about doctors in eastern europe not being allowed to learn anything about nutrition and that the pharmacetical companies were behind that , i remember he also was talking about how the irish cancer society is corrupt , because it is connected to the american cancer society .

The truth is out there .

To have cured yourself of cancer in such an understated simple way... its one of the most extraordinary interesting claims I've ever read on here, yet it hardly seems to raise an eyebrow.

Am I missing something here? is this some kindly old man who claims to see UFO's every day or something that you all just smile, nod and pretend to believe?

Barrington wrote: »
    And I'd like to remind all of this rule. Anything said here should be taken as the opinion of a random person on the internet. Nobody here is an expert, and even when providing links or evidence, such evidence should be treated as a matter of discussion only, and should not be taken as medical advice.

Jonny7, I think I understand the point you are trying to make, but there are better ways to make it.

Surely it falls under dietary and nutritional advice if it doesn't involve any perscription drugs, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bloody Nipples

Espinolman, I have issues with a lot of your points so I'm having a hard time taking you seriously.
    In japan there was very little cancer and heart disease compared to other countries , so i figured out it must be because of their diet
    Japan's cancer death rates are identical to the rest of the developed world Malignant_neoplasms_world_map_-_Death_-_WHO2004.svg
    Going by this image, cancer death rates are actually lower in North Africa and the Middle East, would it not make more sense to follow their diets?
    so then i had to find out what is missing from our diet here in ireland . Its trace elements and minerals and other things . So i had to experiment with different foods , i was so ill that my stomach would not accept mineral rich foods , i could not stomach them , so to handle that i found out certain herbs can help to increase the absorbtion of the stomach , so i got a lot of them herbs and took them everyday , while eating mineral rich foods and organic foods .
    I soon recovered my health .
    So based on a fallacious assumption, you self-experimented while suffering from a potentially lethal disease and managed to cure yourself? Apart from the monumental stupidity of that, I also doubt the truth of it. Apart from that, as a result of their diet certain cancers are more common in Japan such as gastric cancer.
    Today , all these years later , i just do the same thing if the tumours come back , and it works , they just go away .
    Were you originally diagnosed with cancer by a doctor? Did a doctor confirm you had gone into remission? When the tumours come back were you re-diagnosed by a doctor? If not how do you know you had cancer?

And let's for the sake of argument, say your point is valid that Japanese people suffer less cancer than people in the West as a result of their diet. Do you think something as obvious as that would be missed by medical science and you were the only one to pick up on it?
    I mean, we're told not to smoke, drink only in moderation, keep our LDL intake low and our HDL intake high, not to eat too much red meat, get our five a day etc. etc., why are we not being told to eat an Asian style diet to reduce our risks of cancer?

I suspect the answer is because they're isn't a shred of truth in anything you've posted here.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Surely it falls under dietary and nutritional advice if it doesn't involve any perscription drugs, etc?

It involves a serious medical condition. Advising what dietary and nutritional methods could help to cure such a condition is medical advice. If you wish to discuss this further, please PM me. Do not question mod decisions/warnings on-thread.

Am I missing something here? is this some kindly old man who claims to see UFO's every day or something that you all just smile, nod and pretend to believe?

I have seen UFO's , i don't know anyone who smiles nods and pretends to believe , who does that ? People on TV ! , thats programming .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

I've seen a couple of UFO's meself, but thats not the primary topic of conversation here either, Espinolman, I'd really like to know more about that too, maybe you could PM me and few others with the basics of it, I am genuinley curious.

as for the Original Topic, if you adhere to the scientific method rigorously I se no reason to difirentiate amateur/vestedinterest Scientists,rather we should look at the evidence obectivley but with an open mind

I am genuinley curious.

Here is an interesting video :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7_yjjK4hNk

Advertisement