Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Tiles up North

Options
  • 30-11-2009 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I was wondering if any could help me. I'm looking to go up north and buy tiles for the whole house. Does any one recommend it and also recommend where to go. Do they deliver them? Is it worth the hassle? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Skopzz

skyblue10 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering if any could help me. I'm looking to go up north and buy tiles for the whole house. Does any one recommend it and also recommend where to go. Do they deliver them? Is it worth the hassle? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

On the 'sligo road' into Enniskillen, theres a big Tile shop (can't remember the name) but they have a sign outside offering £1 = €1 on all Tiles.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭musicmonky

great place in Armagh and Newry.
    Although Im not sure if they are still going as the website is a bit slow.
    But when I bought stuff they had a great choice that no one else had at a reasonable price.

http://www.armatile.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,386 ✭✭✭ando

Yea I did it a few months ago, WELL worth the hassle believe me. We were quoted about €4000 for doing the kitchen alone here, so rented a van for the day for 60 quid, went north and bought practically identical tiles for the kitchen AND tiles for the downstairs bathroom for about €1200. One thing to note is the size of the van you get as our van was very much overloaded driving back with the weight of the tiles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ramb73

Try Creative Stone & Tile in Omagh, Co.Tyrone - best range of exclusive tiles I have ever seen and great service - oh ask about their free design service! www.creativestoneandtile.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,021 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

:rolleyes:

I know this is an old thread but I'll throw my input in.

My family own a coulpe of tile shops in the midlands so i dont think people going up north for tiles is going to effect it very much.

But anyways, anytime i looked at prices up north i never thought they were any better, and thats being totally honest!

Arma tile are mentioned earlier in the thread, you might get stuff in there cheaper than you would down south as they are a wholesaler to some of the smaller shops. But the bigger ones wouldnt carry much armatile stuff, if any at all.

And im pulling figures out of my behind for Ando here but:

We'll say the kitchen is 50yds and bathroom is 25yds floor and wall

Thats an average of €16 a yard, you'd get 60cmx 60cm polished porcelain in loads of shops for that price, so its not a bad price for 75yds of tiles, but hardly amazing.

If it included adhesive your talking closer to €12, which is very good value, but again there is shops in the south selling the polished porcelain for less than that , there is Galway tileshop doing them for €9.99 and we even have a range at the same price (both ours and theirs are pre sealed)

And finally, if you do go up north, be careful with the van load going home, a pallet of tiles is well on its way to a tonne weight

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 garlh

Im going up north for tiles because i think the service is much better aswell as price.Im building a new house and have got my windows up north for 4000 cheaper than i was quoted here icon11.gif

Advertisement