Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Palestine" - A dirty word for the BBC

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Really? You sound so sure....amazing how poorly camouflaged you anti-Israeli types are

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Really? You sound so sure....amazing how poorly camouflaged you anti-Israeli types are
    You can keep your personal comments to yourself, not interested.

I'll make this short and sweet as it's more or less off topic. Palestine as per UN Resolution 242 is Gaza, The West Bank and East Jerusalem. The whole world (bar Israel, The US and the occasional Pacific Island state that nobody has ever heard of) for decades has said that Israel has illegally stolen land in the 67 war.

Israel has never fully returned this stolen land to it rightful owners and continues to illegally steal land. Israel is acting in a criminal manner. It is not "anti-Israeli" to say this; it's a fact. It doesn't matter what any religious zealots or Fascist Likudniks claim is rightfully theirs according to the Torah.

Therefore Palestine is not "free". Despite what the BBC might want you to think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭periodictable

Thin-skinned and touchy...:p

Thin-skinned and touchy...:p
    You are not far wrong there. :)

King Mob wrote: »
    Or to put it in less newspeak terms, forums like politics have a higher standard of evidence (ie. has one) and a lower tolerance for sensationalism.

And in politics, one instance of accused bias from a biased person does not a case make.
    Ah ffs, it's posters like you, and has indeed has been you (repeatedly) that makes it impossible to discuss these kinds of topics outside CT. You either have some cheek or an incredibly short memory. Either way it's off-topic so let's drop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,684 ✭✭✭JustinDee

BBC is called pro-Israeli or anti-muslim/Arab/whatever by folk like yourself and called anti-Zionist, antisemitic or pro-Arab by the other side of the coin.

Must be doing something right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,323 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Ah ffs, it's posters like you, and has indeed has been you (repeatedly) that makes it impossible to discuss these kinds of topics outside CT. You either have some cheek or an incredibly short memory.
    You'll have to explain that random accustion as I have no idea how I stop anyone from posting anywhere :confused:
    Either way it's off-topic so let's drop it.
    No, the fact that your only reason for bias is the same as the accusation from pro-Israeli groups is very much on topic.
    You clearly don't believe their accusation. So why is yours valid and their's not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

I agree on both counts. Not a fan of rap at all for the most part but I liked his raw energy and passion.

Raw energy and passion! Now that is embarrassing! Sounds like a bleeding school teacher.

What the OP doesn't understand is the edit is so badly made that firstly you'd need to be a retard not to know what he was saying. If the BBC really wanted to censor the vocal even the original artist would have had difficulty spotting the edit afterwards.

Secondly for the most part rappers self-censor themselves. Happens all the time, drop in a tone or reverse the lyric. As long as the message gets across it doesn't matter if the offending word is included or not, and it can be played anywhere. As is obviously the case here.

Given the cut is so badly executed and so obvious this is more likely this edit is simply to create awareness of the track. As Chuck D. would say, "Don't believe the hype".

studiorat wrote: »
    Raw energy and passion! Now that is embarrassing! Sounds like a bleeding school teacher.

Y'know what is embarrasing? A grown adult denying the facts that are staring them in the face as part of some point scoring game.
    . If the BBC really wanted to censor the vocal
    If? Really?

• Advertisement

Y'know what is embarrasing? A grown adult denying the facts that are staring them in the face as part of some point scoring game.

Not as embarrassing as someone playing pretend journalist on boards.ie.

Like I said already if they really wanted to cover up what he said they would have done it properly.

Still, there's always some tool out there looking for an excuse to get their knickers in a twist.

If? Really?

Why don't you look at Barbra Plett's BBC coverage of that corrupt old gouger Yasser Arrafat's death? Tears in her eyes, calling him a Hero and a the stuff of Legends... http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2005/nov/26/bbc.radio

Fayad Abu Shamala the BBC correspondent addressing a Hamas rally in May 2001. "Journalists and media waging the campaign together with the Palestinian people"

Do you think Orla Guerin is a Pro-Israeli BBC reporter, do you? Wouldn't surprise me if you did.

Wyre Davies and Jeremy Bowen I suppose you think they are part of mossad or something?

Jane Corbin ? One minute she's anti-palestinian (Death on the Med) next she's anti-israeli (Price Tag Wars). What about that one Scoop?

So perhaps you should use a little cop-on and stop searching for absolutes, try being a little more sincere and accurate and a little less tactical. And perhaps broaden your sources a bit while you're at it sonny.

Not as embarrassing as someone playing pretend journalist on boards.ie.

Like I said already if they really wanted to cover up what he said they would have done it properly.

Still, there's always some tool out there looking for an excuse to get their knickers in a twist.
    Personal insults? Classy... but true to form.

So if I have you right they didn't censor out the part that the performer said but you can't hear?

That's your argument yeah? Any chance you might think about this and come back with something that makes sense? Cheers.

So if I have you right they didn't censor out the part that the performer said but you can't hear?

Any chance we could have that in English please.

How's the blog going BTW?

Sacksian wrote: »
    I don't think discussions of "media bias" should be in the conspiracy forum.

Otherwise, you might as well include 000s of threads from Soccer, After Hours and Television forums, which make similar accusations, in here. If they're not deemed relevant here, then neither is this thread and it should be in the Politics (or media) forum.

As should most of the Syria and Middle East threads.

I often wonder the same thing myself. Why doesn't Bomber ever post his weekly anti-Israel rant in the politics forum for example? Usually with a weak CT tagged on at the end just to keep the mods happy.

Any chance we could have that in English please.
    I can dumb it down for you sure.

The Reality:
    The word "Palestine" was censored out from a song.

Your Reality: They didn't really censor it out even though you can't hear it.
    How's the blog going BTW?
    Good, thanks. Can be seen in articles on antiwar.com, Globalresearch, even Infowars.

Hows your hairline going?

I can dumb it down for you sure.

The Reality:
    The word "Palestine" was censored out from a song.

Your Reality: They didn't really censor it out even though you can't hear it.

Point being it was a half-assed attempt at censorship. Perhaps to appease the people who expect impartiality to the point of the absurd. Or simply to pretend to censor it for them.

Anyway the word "Palestine" was edited out because of it's context, not because it's simply the word "Palestine". Still haven't got the semantics thing down yet have we?
    Good, thanks. Can be seen in articles on antiwar.com, Globalresearch, even Infowars.

Yet you have the neck to accuse the BBC of not being impartial.

So, no mention of the BBC reporter at the Hamas rally then?

Nevermind, perhaps you'll let us know what's going on in this BBC clip instead?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=r-qSaHKzDaw
    Hows your hairline going?

Bit rattled are we Bomber? ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement