Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-virus. HELP

Options
  • 11-09-2015 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hey guys/girls. New to the computing forums.

Just a quick 1, I am purchasing a new laptop in the morning and just wondering can McAfee anti-virus be downloaded for free??

Pc world wanted €100 for McAfee anti-virus??

So any advise possible would be greatly appreciated.

P.s it does not have to be McAfee anti-virus. just something reliable and safe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Hey guys/girls. New to the computing forums.

Just a quick 1, I am purchasing a new laptop in the morning and just wondering can McAfee anti-virus be downloaded for free??

Pc world wanted €100 for McAfee anti-virus??

So any advise possible would be greatly appreciated.

P.s it does not have to be McAfee anti-virus. just something reliable and safe.

If its a windows laptop it already has anti-virus built in, its called Windows Defender. Its not the best of the best but it should be fine for most people. There are plenty of good free alternatives like Avast and Bitdefender as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I've always found McAfee to be incredibly slow.

I've been using Avast! for a couple of years and can't fault it.

The free version is fine for 90% of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I've always found McAfee to be incredibly slow.

I've been using Avast! for a couple of years and can't fault it.

The free version is fine for 90% of people.

Advertisement