Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

MadYaker wrote: »
    So you already have a coach with your ticket but you want to book a different one? I wouldn't unless the coach time or location is really really awkward. If you arrive at Gate A before your ticket will you have to wait? What if the bus with your ticket gets delayed for some reason?

Yeah that happened to me. Was waiting around for 3 hours.
    Didn't know this. So would be worth going for a coach ticket (Bristol, Bath, London etc being the cheapest) and take the hit on the coach price and collect ticket from Gate A? Would be a nervy trip across!

Well if you could get Bristol just fly in and get the coach from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,780 ✭✭✭✭Basq

All signs are pointing to a poster this morning..

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

53916330_10155891089470964_2039754331934162944_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=30f61f98de3adec12d2b7bdb7a581570&oe=5D20976D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The Killers, The Cure & Stormzy as headliners?

There would be enough there to keep me entertained for the weekend but can't say I'm too sad not to be going this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Miley effing Cyrus? Hahaha. Wait for the Glasto virgins to b*tch and moan like that mupped about Kanye West a few years ago. Don't like them? Don't see them.

Looking forward to The Cure. saw The Killers in the "Secret" gig in John Peele in 2017. Enjoyed them. Looks like a Glastonbury to mooch around. There is nobody there that I absolutely MUST give my right arm to see (Apart from The Cure and Chemical Brothers - They better not clash). But I think there is enough there to keep me amused :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Beans_On

when do they ussually add to this, like a second announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,780 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Miley effing Cyrus? Hahaha. Wait for the Glasto virgins to b*tch and moan like that mupped about Kanye West a few years ago. Don't like them? Don't see them.
    Miley's the wildcard.. like Katy Perry a few years ago.

Solid first poster tbh!
    Beans_On wrote: »
    when do they ussually add to this, like a second announcement?
    Other than this first poster, you'll get some stage announcements (NW corner, dance stages and West Holts).. and then you'll get full lineup late May / early June typically.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Weird that they have no big rock act announced yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The Killers aren’t a big rock act?

Thats the worst first glasto lineup announcement in the last ten years but I couldn’t care less. Unlikely I’ll see any pyramid headliners but the small stages are where you find most of the gems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Thats the worst glasto lineup in the last ten years but I couldn’t care less. Unlikely I’ll see any pyramid headliners but the small stages are where you find most of the gems.

I wouldn't have thought they were rock. No idea what they would be classed as though.

Very diverse, Kylie, Janet Jackson, The Cure, The Killers, Stormzy, George Ezra.
    Not that I expected any different, just weird mix.
    Hozier falls fairly low down the lineup and is a headliner at EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Thats the worst glasto lineup in the last ten years but I couldn’t care less. Unlikely I’ll see any pyramid headliners but the small stages are where you find most of the gems.

How many Glastonbury festivals have you attended?

For those of us who've been ever year its far from the worst initial announcement.

Wooderson wrote: »
    How many Glastonbury festivals have you attended?

For those of us who've been ever year its far from the worst initial announcement.

Been going since 16 and I’ve been watching the lineups since 12 or so and this is definitely the weakest first announcement imo. The Cure are probably the best of the headliners which is a damning indictment. But it’s only a small bit of what’s on offer. There’s only about 60 names in that poster so loads more to come. The smaller stages are generally better anyway, SEC, Glade etc. I’m looking forward to spend more time away from the big stages this year.

I think the festival is appealing to a different audience now than ten years ago anyway. And certainly the scrutiny of the initial announcement wasnt as extreme. This is as good as most years and better than 3 or 4 stinkers.

Besides, only kids go to Glastonbury for the line up, and old puffins like me take joy in watching them have their fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Instead of having Jon Hopkins when he played Glasto 4 years ago they should've had Aphex Twin in that spot, I'm sure his show and visuals is just as good if not better than the Jon Hopkins show, Glasto seem to be avoiding booking him as well, I don't get it.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Some class acts in that line up but no wow factor. Not sure what I was expecting. Can't wait to get there

Worth noting that in 2017, 86 acts were on the poster. This year its only 65.

2014 - 84

2015 - 78

2016 - 74

2017 - 86

2019 - 65

A good few on there Im keen to see. As long as I can catch 4 or 5 acts a day, eat some nice food, drink a load of booze and meet some nice folk Im happy.

The Nal wrote: »

2014 - 84

2015 - 78

2016 - 74

2017 - 86

2019 - 65

A good few on there Im keen to see. As long as I can catch 4 or 5 acts a day, eat some nice food, drink a load of booze and meet some nice folk Im happy.

statto.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Wooderson wrote: »

Besides, only kids go to Glastonbury for the line up, and old puffins like me take joy in watching them have their fun.

Vaguely sinister, Wooderson.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The Nal wrote: »

2014 - 84

2015 - 78

2016 - 74

2017 - 86

2019 - 65

There would normally be a few Kidz Field acts in on the initial poster as well like Bodger & Badger to pad things out a bit. WOuldn't read too much into the numbers.

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Vaguely sinister, Wooderson.

Yuck, youre right, soz.

• Advertisement

robinph wrote: »
    There would normally be a few Kidz Field acts in on the initial poster as well like Bodger & Badger to pad things out a bit. WOuldn't read too much into the numbers.

Are you questioning Stattinho? :pac:

robinph wrote: »

Bodger is brown bread.

Michael Eavis beheaded Badger. Brian May not happy.

Also, just noticed Miley Cyrus on there, what the **** hahaha! Honestly id be curious to see what her live show would be like. I'm guessing she'll get the Katy Perry slot from 17. KP was a bit of craic to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I was front and center for that Katy Perry set and it was a cracker. 7 US number 1s in such a short slot. Miley Cyrus is never going to fill those shoes.

I'd have no problem with Glastonbury continuing with this tradition though.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

3 euro each way for foot passengers with stena line might be handy for anyone driving over (book one person in the car and everyone else as foot passengers should be cheaper then booking everyone in the car)
    Or boat over and rent a car (don’t see anything about baggage restrictions so could be a much cheaper then flying)
    https://www.stenaline.ie/sailebrate

I wouldn't be fit to drive until Tuesday, the thought of it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭paulmurphyvec

cocker5 wrote: »
    Yes a little early i know.. but anyone already ear marked this in :)

we booked our package yesterday (with festival tickets) :D

only 18 months to go.......

How did you book tickets? They won't be released until October?:confused::)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

How did you book tickets? They won't be released until October?:confused::)

Think you've got your years mixed up?

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Layne

Interested in getting the Coach & Ticket package from Bristol all going well next month.
    Any idea of the departure dates and times each way of the coach, when do they normally go or do I have to wait til I (hopefully) have secured tickets to find out these details??
    Any info appreciated.

• Advertisement

Layne wrote: »
    Interested in getting the Coach & Ticket package from Bristol all going well next month.
    Any idea of the departure dates and times each way of the coach, when do they normally go or do I have to wait til I (hopefully) have secured tickets to find out these details??
    Any info appreciated.

I posted a screenshot of the email they sent me last year with the coach info. You don't find out the time and pickup time until the end of may / start of june

Here, I found the T&Cs in my email from 2017:

iHNkNRb.jpg

Edit: I recieved that email on May 19th last year. When you're buying the ticket you can choose the location you want to get the bus from but as far as I can remember you couldn't choose the time. Some places, like London and Bristol, have multiple buses leaving at different times.

Advertisement