Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half price De Walt drill

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Got one a while back, Batteries are a massive let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Dawg you need the Hilti Powder Activated
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyWJ_rattv8
    Good enough for snoop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Yeah B&Q do this on and off on their drills.They had the Makita one few weeks ago,was waiting for this offer to come back on.Thanks

Dissapointing to hear about the battery issue:(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is the battery that bad? How bad are you talking? Great Price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

Not unusable, not up to what I would expect from DeWalt. I thought the battery got with an Aldi special drill was on par if not better. That said the Aldi chuck broke, this is still going.

Also you have to factor in the better Dewalt batteries cost as much, if not more, than this whole package.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I would have thought a 1 hour charge and 2 batteries would be plenty for most jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

One of my mates has this drill and we have been doing a fair bit of work using it and I'd have to say I'm pretty impressed with the batteries. They charge in an hour or even less and you'd be fairly pushed to drain one in a hour, possible yeah but can't see it happening much. You'd want to be doing a large amount of drilling in which case you'd be best with a corded option. Also just to say he got it in B&Q for 100 a year ago, I've been keeping my eye on them and hoping they will drop more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Is the battery that bad? How bad are you talking? Great Price

Dont confuse these with dewalt proper. You get what you pay for in this case. Thst said, both this and the makita optionsare good value for light to general use. They would be found wanting under demanding use though:o.

An upgrade to Black & Decker ( who own Dewalt ) though. Try the B&Q dewalt and then get a try of the dewalt XRP. Now thats a drill !

Advertisement