Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop Lucky Bag

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Interested to see what I get anyway. God I despise Joe Duffy. Unfunny Friday it sounds like.

"Oh dear god, mary, wha, wha, wha seems to be the problem here?"

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

I got that crap arcade pack im not happy thats not worth 5euro never mind 7.

No free gift either.

id be happy enough if I got that arcade pack, I dont have it and sure il till keeep the kids quite for an hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Have to agree with the posts about Gamestop Customer Service. They're a class act.
    • Bought a second hand X Box a few years back, the controller wasnt working the best, but still usuable, they gave me a brand new controller.
    • Gave my son a free Guitar Hero guitar, it was a display thingie he was admiring and took it down for him.
    • Im a sucker for second hand DVDs and Blu Rays. They always give me a look at the ones behind the counter that they havent placed on the shelves yet etc (sometimes a dozen or two).
    • Will happily tell you if a game you are buying is crap and if theres a better alternative.
    The prompt responses to Luckybag queries dont surprise me at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

I got some crappy Arcade game compilation

This is it

http://www.monsterdealz.de/20244/ebay-xbox-live-arcade-spielepaket-fur-794e/

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

A french arcade disc what a pile sh** i have two of the games anyone with mass effect 2 want to swap Haha worth a shot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,406 ✭✭✭RedXIV

A french arcade disc what a pile sh** i have two of the games anyone with mass effect 2 want to swap Haha worth a shot

Hope you didn't order 2 and get 2 the same!

no i have two of the games on the disc already

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Lads, remember. It's a lucky dip. You run the risk of getting stuff you may not want/need. You cant moan when you get a product that is worth more than what you are paying for it. You knew what it was when you signed up for it. I'd be delighted at getting those three games. Two of which I know are brilliant. Who cares if the box is in French? If the game is in french and cant be changed to english, then that's a different story.
    It's called a lucky dip, some people got more lucky than others. That's the name of the game.
    I have little or no sympathy for people who go to get something random of a min value, then get that something random, and then moan about it because it wasn't what they were expecting. Especially people who try and get a refund! Best of luck to you with that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

have to agree with the above (briankearon666)

I'm not over the moon with the three games but to be fair the value of the three games combined is over €7 and after all we knew going in that it was the luck of the draw.
    Also the arcade pack definately beats an out-dated sports game which easily could have been used.

Would I go for an offer like this again? probably, next time I could land Red Dead Redemption and I wouldn't be complaining then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭danois

Lads, remember. It's a lucky dip. You run the risk of getting stuff you may not want/need. You cant moan when you get a product that is worth more than what you are paying for it. You knew what it was when you signed up for it. I'd be delighted at getting those three games. Two of which I know are brilliant. Who cares if the box is in French? If the game is in french and cant be changed to english, then that's a different story.
    It's called a lucky dip, some people got more lucky than others. That's the name of the game.
    I have little or no sympathy for people who go to get something random of a min value, then get that something random, and then moan about it because it wasn't what they were expecting. Especially people who try and get a refund! Best of luck to you with that one.

have to agree with you there it was a lucky dip ive no clue if my son will like the game but hey for 7 quid ya cant complain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Its just that people expected an actual Xbox360 game as was advertised.

If they advertised 3 arcade games for €5 then i would agree with you.

If i knew it would be arcade games and not a xbox 360 game i would have not bought it even if it was the golden compass my daughter would have loved it

Its just that people expected an actual Xbox360 game as was advertised.

If they advertised 3 arcade games for €5 then i would agree with you.
    Yeah, I hear the fella who got the Kinect is cursing gamestop because he wanted a game instead! :pac:
    I kid, i kid.

Yeah, I hear the fella who got the Kinect is cursing gamestop because he wanted a game instead! :pac:
    I kid, i kid.

He got a game the Kinect was his free gift :D I didnt get any game or free gift hence not too happy.

He got a game the Kinect was his free gift :D I didnt get any game or free gift hence not too happy.
    Didn't you get a collection of games? Three to be precise? I know what you mean, but I think you are splitting hairs, to suite your unhappiness about not getting something 'better'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Were we this unhappy as kids when we used to buy crappy lucky bags time and time again???

Its a gamble, thats the fun of it, we all knew the risk when ordering...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Were we this unhappy as kids when we used to buy crappy lucky bags time and time again???

+1

some amount of moaning, its a LUCKY DIP. ye might be lucky or might not. I've been looking at gamestops facebook, lad gets fifa 11 for 7e and wanting to know where his free gift is.

By the way i'm open to offers on my arcade pack if any takers.?reserve price of 5e and a .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Schorpio

I got the arcade disc too. Geometry Wars is a good arcade game in my opinion. No idea about the other 2 - only played them for 2 minutes.

I reckon they thought they wouldn't be able to shift them instore, so they had this 'lucky bag' offer. I'm not complaining about what I got, it's a lucky bag after all - doesn't mean I'm over the moon either tho! :)

Schorpio wrote: »
    I got the arcade disc too. Geometry Wars is a good arcade game in my opinion. No idea about the other 2 - only played them for 2 minutes.

I reckon they thought they wouldn't be able to shift them instore, so they had this 'lucky bag' offer. I'm not complaining about what I got, it's a lucky bag after all - doesn't mean I'm over the moon either tho! :)
    that's the spirit!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Are the actual games in English or in French?
    the missus just told me thats what we got, and je ne parle pas le francias.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Yay I got a french boxed arcade collection :)

CKWPORT wrote: »

But you would get a sticker a toy and a chewing gum every time. The lucky dip part was in which sticker, toy and chewing gum you would get.

If you bought one thinking you would get a sticker, a toy and some chewing gum and all you got was a book you wouldn't be happy.

The lucky dip part here wasn't what will i get? it was which xbox360 game will i get? I didnt get any xbox360 game. That the moaning.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭turnfan

But you would get a sticker a toy and a chewing gum every time. The lucky dip part was in which sticker, toy and chewing gum you would get.

If you bought one thinking you would get a sticker, a toy and some chewing gum and all you got was a book you wouldn't be happy.

The lucky dip part here wasn't what will i get? it was which xbox360 game will i get? I didnt get any xbox360 game. That the moaning.

Is it a game? Yes. Does it play on an Xbox 360 console? Yes. Hmmmmm. I think it's an Xbox 360 game alright...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

yes i got the arcade pack witch in fact has 4 games as there is a code for mrs packman also. The kids are having a great time with it now so it was not a bad invesement in the end. I can hear the laugh of them right now as they play it. so not bad in the end. I got no free gift though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

turnfan wrote: »
    Is it a game? Yes. Does it play on an Xbox 360 console? Yes. Hmmmmm. I think it's an Xbox 360 game alright...

This!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I don't mind getting the Arcade collection but I didn't get the free gift they promised to those who ordered before midnight on 23rd.

turnfan wrote: »

My xbox360 also plays original xbox games does that mean i can sell you my old original xbox games as 360 games ? As thats a game that plays on a xbox 360 therefore it must be a xbox 360 game.

My PS3 plays PS2 games that doesn't make my back catalogue of PS2 games PS3 games now does it?? Yet that's a game that plays on a PS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭turnfan

My xbox360 also plays original xbox games does that mean i can sell you my old original xbox games as 360 games ? As thats a game that plays on a xbox 360 therefore it must be a xbox 360 game.

My PS3 plays PS2 games that doesn't make my back catalogue of PS2 games PS3 games now does it?? Yet that's a game that plays on a PS3.

Does the game play on Xbox 1? No. It's an Xbox 360 game, released for the Xbox 360 format.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Load of crap xbox arcade game. I'm never buying from them ever again for this ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Swampy wrote: »
    Load of crap xbox arcade game. I'm never buying from them ever again for this ****e.

Because you didnt get lucky in your lucky bag? :confused:

Advertisement