Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pixmania - 10% off

Options
  • 25-10-2010 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

For orders over €150

From 25th until 29th(Inclusive) of October.

Code: H10IE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

just got the same email, its actually €10 off any order over €150

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

hardly worth the few quids savings for dealing with a terrible company who may or may not actually ship the product you've ordered. a terrible retailer with a little or no respect for customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭cian_r

hardly worth the few quids savings for dealing with a terrible company who may or may not actually ship the product you've ordered. a terrible retailer with a little or no respect for customers.

I second that. They'd want to be giving the stuff away before I'd even consider doing business with them again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

cian_r wrote: »
    I second that. They'd want to be giving the stuff away before I'd even consider doing business with them again.

I'd go one step further and demand payment before I'd let them ship to me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i have dealt with them many times and pix is the one who gave me least headache to dealing with the RMA refund. I HIGHLY recommend pix as they always have the competitive prices for the hardwares and easy to deal with.

the 10e discount is abit meh since you only get that by over 150e purchase, but it is nice if you are gonna your buy stuffs from during the discount period.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Never had a problem with pix before.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Dcully wrote: »
    Never had a problem with pix before.

Do a search on this forum, and Consumer issues - some real horror stories with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ecomac

I confirm, stay away from Pixmania. I had very bad experience with them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

I really don't think I will use them again this year, having only resolved a dispute over reimbursement to my credit card 2 months ago. The issue was raised after the New Year holiday break!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I've used them about ten times in the last couple of years and never had a prob. Just used them again there so hope the lucky streak continues... thanks for the tenner off OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,062 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Used them a few times and never had a problem with them but have heard a few bad stories

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

whiterebel wrote: »
    Do a search on this forum, and Consumer issues - some real horror stories with them.

Im well aware of the stories,ive not experienced anything similar myself but im sure the stories are true.
    Personally i find amazon pretty much unbeatable in terms of value/reliability/speed of delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

Only good experiences with pixmania, often found a piece of kit on there cheaper than anywhere else. Just my experience 'sall

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭darraghn

+1:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Pixmania are the worst online retailer i've ever dealt with. Avoid them like the plague!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I have never had a problem with them either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Never had a problem with them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

How many of those who say they have had no problems with Prixs... have ever had to send an item back, its only then you see what kind a shower these DSG idiots are
    (DSG is the Parent company of PC W0rld and own Prixs)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

How many of those who say they have had no problems with Prixs... have ever had to send an item back,

Why would we send it back if we had no problem with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I've had a bad experience but would be willing to order from Pixmania again... only if the price was significantly better than their rivals.

For those that care: They sent me the wrong item and never responded to me when I (twice) tried to inform them of the problem - using their own complaints procedure. I gave up as the item ordered wasn't that expensive. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

I sent them back a cheapo dvd player that broke after 6 months. Had a replacement within 2 or 3 weeks.

The only problem was that when I went into the post office to send it, it cost 40 euro to send to France and the thing was only worth 70.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

mikom wrote: »
    Why would we send it back if we had no problem with it?

While you have a point, the issues with this company are such that anyone who buys from them should really just have to put up with it and not come here and complain, you have been warned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

i RMA my expensive hd5830 last time, they full refund me after 1 week i posted the card to france. nuff said :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Used them lots over the last 2 years, never any issue. Just got my 6870 this morning for 204

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Anybody got any new discount codes?

PIXJANIE6 has ended

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

I regularly find pixmania to be the cheapest for a product that I am looking for. Ordered loads of stuff off em over the past year, fast dispatch and no problems.

Fnz wrote: »
    I've had a bad experience but would be willing to order from Pixmania again... only if the price was significantly better than their rivals.

For those that care: They sent me the wrong item and never responded to me when I (twice) tried to inform them of the problem - using their own complaints procedure. I gave up as the item ordered wasn't that expensive. :mad:

And yet you would use them again???:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Worst company I've ever dealt with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

great company.

if you need to rma an item, they come pick it up. they give you details on how to contact the courier company, and you get to select the pick up time which suits people more than having a pick up time arranged for you.

as for refunds etc, they do need to check the item to make sure its what they gave you.
    anyone can buy something, report it broken, and send something else back in return expecting a full refund.
    they take their time checking this to protect idiots scamming them.

so if it takes 2 - 3 weeks from when you call them to request an rma, then deal with it.

if you dont want to deal with it, then find a bricks and mortar shop and dont save a LOT of money by buying from probably the cheapest place available to irish customers... (pixmania.ie)

also to note, their selection is amazing. find another online retailer who can offer those prices, excellent delivery times, excellent rma service (granted trying to ring pixmania is very hard most of the time) but all in all, their service is excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

but all in all, their service is excellent.

Is that why it took them 7 months to refund my 300 euro?

Advertisement