Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free umbrellas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Thats ageist

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

DERICKOO wrote: »

This is for UK only !

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭SaceyFlynn13

You should change the name of thread also so people won't get their hopes up of recieving/getting an umbrella :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm well under the age limit also it says just pop in to store to collect. I don't know where my local store is. I don't even think I ever seen a richersounds shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Guys and Girls this is an all Ireland forum as far as i know and they are in Belfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭iPhone.

Thanks for the heads up, you could have been a bit more descriptive in the heading though in fairness, it is a pretty localised bargain.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭jpb14

I'm well under the age limit also it says just pop in to store to collect. I don't know where my local store is. I don't even think I ever seen a richersounds shop.

over 50s only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭Murt10

Just as well they are up North.

That ad would be illegal down here. Discriminating against people on age grounds is not allowed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Murt10 wrote: »
    That ad would be illegal down here. Discriminating against people on age grounds is not allowed.
    Alcohol to under 18s?
    WD40 to under 18s?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

That's due to health and safety reasons, umbrellas are not...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

TheDriver wrote: »
    I hear they are pointy and dangerous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Can't believe I got exited for a minute at the thought of a free umbrella,,,,I already have an umbrella. What I really need is a life !

It's Bargain Alerts, the word FREE tends to have that effect on us here!!:D

iPhone. wrote: »
    It's Bargain Alerts, the word FREE tends to have that effect on us here!!:D

So true also anything priced under €30 has the same affect.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭MaxFlower

fineso.mom wrote: »
    Can't believe I got exited for a minute at the thought of a free umbrella,,,,I already have an umbrella. What I really need is a life !

Ya but you probably would want that for free too...ya tight get!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

snubbleste wrote: »
    Alcohol to under 18s?
    WD40 to under 18s?

Why would you need to be 18 to buy wd40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

So true also anything priced under €30 has the same affect.

I would very much like another android tablet that doesn't work.

McGaggs wrote: »
    I would very much like another android tablet that doesn't work.

I was thinking about the cheap tablets when I was saying anything under €30 :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭jpb14

Why would you need to be 18 to buy wd40.
    Sure Aldi and Lidl wont sell any of the saws,knives,axes or sledgehammers to anyone under 18 years of age.Part ot their store policy of not selling anything with sharp blades that can mame or kill to unders 18s.I tend to agree with both store policies.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

jpb14 wrote: »
    Sure Aldi and Lidl wont sell any of the saws,knives,axes or sledgehammers to anyone under 18 years of age.Part ot their store policy of not selling anything with sharp blades that can mame or kill to unders 18s.I tend to agree with both store policies.
    TBH you shouldn't be allowed buy things like circular saws without a safepass card as well as something to say you've received training in using them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

I'm sending my mother up north to get me a free umbrella. Thanks, OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I'm sending my mother up north to get me a free umbrella. Thanks, OP.[/QUOTE

Is she a pensioner & has free travel? Otherwise its poor economics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭ozmo

Murt10 wrote: »

TheDriver wrote: »

Plenty places do a discount for over 60's

http://www.seniorcare.ie/discounts.aspx

Including Woodies and Heatons....

Oh - another woodies discount while Im at it - while I was googling found this 10% off almost anything in Woodies if you have an Axa Insurance policy
    (https://www.axaplus.ie/woodies_index.htm) - lots of restrictions.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

jpb14 wrote: »

Last time I checked WD40 was a lubricating oil that expels water. I get that is it an aerosol but surely something like lynx would have more potential for misuse by someone under 18.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,907 ✭✭✭daheff

snubbleste wrote: »
    Alcohol to under 18s?
    WD40 to under 18s?

you not able discriminate minors on the basis of age, so these examples are not ageist

• Company Representative Posts: 9,470 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Guys,

Declared interest first - I work for Richer Sounds Ireland

The free brolly is a thing we have been doing for 20 years now and the OP has just pointed to a voucher for our Golden Club for over 50's - in actual fact we always have a box of brollys for Customers to use if its raining sat inside the door ( of course we dont want 5 year old's to take them for safety reasons ( but kids get free lollies / stickers or chilly willies instead!)) We also have Richer Mugs for all 1st time Customers - also free.

We are Belfast based as discussed but we do ship all across Ireland and we have a really active forum here on Boards: http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1105

If you do shop with us and you want a free brolly or mug or lollies - just tell the guys to throw one in ( they won't ask if you are over 50 don't worry :)

Thanks as ever and pop over to us http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1105 anytime,

ATVB,

John Mc & the RS Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

I shopped with you last year and didn't get a free mug.

I did get a great deal on an AV Reciever though, so I can't complain :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 53 ✭✭SG8

Gonna get a bulk of these just to have a few for a... rainy day.

• Advertisement

Nice response from John the richer sounds rep there, well done!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

iPhone. wrote: »
    Nice response from John the richer sounds rep there, well done!

A lesson in great customer care/service - are you watching mobile phone companies/Internet service providers etc etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

vicwatson wrote: »
    A lesson in great customer care/service - are you watching mobile phone companies/Internet service providers etc etc?

Yes i got a an Av Receiver last year and speakers at a great price and great service. Maybe he might post me a brolly after the plug i gave them.

Advertisement