Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling in VR

Options
  • 11-12-2019 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭

https://youtu.be/Pl13RSs0Lm4

I had this idea a while back but didn't seem to find anything at the time. This does look very cool.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Would be more fun on the turbo but they would need a fan on the headset to stop the whole thing fogging up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

tuxy wrote: »
    Would be more fun on the turbo but they would need a fan on the headset to stop the whole thing fogging up

Maybe not. My own headset tends to be ok once it warms up and fogging clears up.

You'd need a pretty good sweat band, but there are some out there now.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Maybe not. My own headset tends to be ok once it warms up and fogging clears up.

You'd need a pretty good sweat band, but there are some out there now.

Have you tried an FTP test with it on? :p

tuxy wrote: »
    Have you tried an FTP test with it on? :p

yeah I was thinking more along the lines of a leisurely ride taking in the sights ;)

mrcheez wrote: »
    yeah I was thinking more along the lines of a leisurely ride taking in the sights ;)

I was thinking of racing on Zwift but your idea sounds better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Nothing beats fresh air

bazermc wrote: »
    Nothing beats fresh air

That should be next on the list of things to simulate then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i've always said that any static bike should be hooked up to a dynamo which heats the water you want to shower in afterwards.

No experience with VR which is odd given my love of all things gaming and add cycing this should be a no brainer for me. Tried the turbo a few times and could never take to it.

My worry with VR would be falling off trying to bank the bike or something silly like that :D

bazermc wrote: »
    Nothing beats fresh air

That's why you buy a fan :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement