Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panniers Question-need some that wouild fit school bags

Options
  • 10-12-2019 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Looking to get some panniers for the school run...ideally a set that would take 2 typical school bags ~(your average kids rucksack.
    I've genuinely never looked at Panniers so maybe I wont be able to get a set big enough for what I have in mind (in which case ill just grab some of the heavier books from bags etc)

Was looking at these....
    https://www.mantel.com/uk/ortlieb-back-roller-plus-ql21
    Or these
    https://www.mantel.com/uk/ortlieb-backroller-classic

Or anything really!!
    Marty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭JMcL

Ortlieb panniers are great. They're completely waterproof if the roll top is secured. They might be a bit of a tight squeeze for a rucksack though as they taper towards the bottom. If I remember, I'll try one of my kid's bags in to one tonight to check. If they are suitable Cycle Superstore have them for €109 (the ones with extra reflective stuff on) in their advent sale

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Altura Orkney Pannier (56 litres) are massive. Probably fit a bag in them. However, I think they're discontinued.

They do 56 litre pairs of the Dryline ones too which I think might be the direct replacement for above. I've the 16 and 20 l of the Dry lines, and they're good quality too. Heavier than Ortlieb, but roomy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

JMcL wrote: »
    Ortlieb panniers are great. They're completely waterproof if the roll top is secured. They might be a bit of a tight squeeze for a rucksack though as they taper towards the bottom. If I remember, I'll try one of my kid's bags in to one tonight to check. If they are suitable Cycle Superstore have them for €109 (the ones with extra reflective stuff on) in their advent sale

Thanks... ordered a pair :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭JMcL

martyc5674 wrote: »
    Thanks... ordered a pair :)

Apologies, I meant to reply this morning but work stuff got in the way as it tends to. I did try the eldest's rucksack in this morning and it fitted fine albeit a bit snugly so I'd say you should be grand. They're brilliant panniers in any case so you won't regret it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

JMcL wrote: »
    Apologies, I meant to reply this morning but work stuff got in the way as it tends to. I did try the eldest's rucksack in this morning and it fitted fine albeit a bit snugly so I'd say you should be grand. They're brilliant panniers in any case so you won't regret it

Exactly...need a set for the shopping anyway!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement