Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

09-03-2019, 17:44   #76
Storm 10

Large areas of Galway City and County have no water following a lightning strike on a pumping station
Advertisement
09-03-2019, 18:52   #77
Meteorite58

For the record .

09-03-2019, 19:50   #78
Say my name

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX7R View Post
Could it have been negative lightning???
More likely going on the reports it was the rarer positive lightning.

https://curiosity.com/topics/positiv...ing-curiosity/

Negative, our common as muck stuff produces 300 million volts and 30,000 amps of electricity.
Positive, a lotto win on February 29th produces a billion volts and 300,000 amps of electricity.

The squall line blowing the negative charges away from the base of the cloud would fit in nicely too.

It seems winter storms produce more positive lightning than negative so it looks like a slam dunk that it was mostly positive lightning strikes that occurred last night.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-side-effects/

Last edited by Say my name; 09-03-2019 at 20:19.
09-03-2019, 21:25   #79
ZX7R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Say my name View Post
More likely going on the reports it was the rarer positive lightning.

https://curiosity.com/topics/positiv...ing-curiosity/

Negative, our common as muck stuff produces 300 million volts and 30,000 amps of electricity.
Positive, a lotto win on February 29th produces a billion volts and 300,000 amps of electricity.

The squall line blowing the negative charges away from the base of the cloud would fit in nicely too.

It seems winter storms produce more positive lightning than negative so it looks like a slam dunk that it was mostly positive lightning strikes that occurred last night.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-side-effects/
Great post thanks for the info ,I got mixed up as I thought negative lightning was the rare one
(2) thanks from:
09-03-2019, 21:48   #80
Say my name

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX7R View Post
Great post thanks for the info ,I got mixed up as I thought negative lightning was the rare one
I was thinking you had an idea but just got them switched around.

Only for your post I wouldn't have looked up positive lightning. I've heard of it before but your post made me do a quick rehash.

Every day is certainly a school day.

Last edited by Say my name; 09-03-2019 at 21:56.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-03-2019, 21:51   #81
Storm 10

Thanks " Say my name" I think that would explain how bright the lightning was as I never witnessed anything like it, night became daylight and the claps of Thunder the loudest. That would also explain the stars out but lightning overhead.

Last edited by Storm 10; 09-03-2019 at 21:55.
Thanks from:
09-03-2019, 21:56   #82
thecretinhop

i cud load up pictures but barr one glorious day in ll thread where i managed to upload kim jong il train borrowed by fateen. i have not had knack since..
09-03-2019, 22:00   #83
Storm 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecretinhop View Post
i cud load up pictures but barr one glorious day in ll thread where i managed to upload kim jong il train borrowed by fateen. i have not had knack since..
First time in my life I was afraid to go outside and video the storm even inside I did not do it as I was so sure that we could get hit it was so close.
(2) thanks from:
09-03-2019, 22:07   #84
thecretinhop

i have pics of phone plug 2day no idea how to upload.
but yep i have top notch camera and video hd de survival instinct kicks in lol mother nature can destroy u in a second...our poor dog is trauma 2day hopefully nothing 2nte we are all wrecked..
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-03-2019, 22:12   #85
JCX BXC

Quote:
but yep i have top notch camera and video hd de survival instinct kicks in lol mother nature can destroy u in a second...our poor dog is trauma 2day hopefully nothing 2nte we are all wrecked..
What?
Thanks from:
09-03-2019, 22:17   #86
thecretinhop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCX BXC View Post
Quote:
What?

lol sorry. my phone plug got hit by lightning i have pics dont know how to upload
Thanks from:
09-03-2019, 22:23   #87
dmc17

Quote:
lol sorry. my phone plug got hit by lightning i have pics dont know how to upload
Where are the pics? If on your computer, just need to click the attach file icon (paperclip icon) when composing your post.
09-03-2019, 22:24   #88
JCX BXC

Quote:
Ah okay. When you click post or reply, click attach files and it should upload from there.
Thanks from:
09-03-2019, 22:27   #89
Oscar Bravo

Quote:
Post photos whenever you can, no probs. hope dog is ok. last night was a rough night for both pets …. and us
Thanks from:
09-03-2019, 22:35   #90
Storm 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Bravo View Post
Post photos whenever you can, no probs. hope dog is ok. last night was a rough night for both pets …. and us
Our Cat went nuts he jumped into bed with my Son and would not leave him he was shaking like a leaf , slept the night with him after the storm passed

One other thing I'm into amauter radio and have antenna on the chimney, if I know a bad storm is coming I will take them down, last night there were sparks flying between two radios I immediately pulled out all antenna but what amazed me was even the long wire in the garden was arching which shows just how much static was outside.

Last edited by Storm 10; 09-03-2019 at 22:44.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion