Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-01-2019, 20:55   #16
wirelessdude01

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullzz
It's a full calendar, did you select road race on the classification drop down ?

See that now
Advertisement
07-01-2019, 20:56   #17
sullzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirelessdude01 View Post
See that now
You going to give it a lash this year?
08-01-2019, 08:34   #18
Macy0161

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullzz View Post
It's a full calendar, did you select road race on the classification drop down ?
It defaulted to a filter that didn't include road or road race for me too. They saved it with the filters on rather than off.
08-01-2019, 14:22   #19
CramCycle
A wholly unreasonable man

They also seem not to have the Provincial filters working, which may not bother those of you who can travel to exotic parts of Ireland.
08-01-2019, 14:36   #20
harringtonp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CramCycle View Post
They also seem not to have the Provincial filters working, which may not bother those of you who can travel to exotic parts of Ireland.
Filter don't seem to work (on chrome anyway). Set them both to "all" and you see what is on.

It would be great if they could get the filters working... I've never raced in Ulster
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-01-2019, 14:55   #21
Macy0161

Quote:
I'm definitely only racing within a certain distance of home this year!
08-01-2019, 16:19   #22
dahat

As I'm not chasing upgrades this year or ever agon I'll pick n choose where I go with all the local races done for sure.

I'll lilkely travel to places I know and where I may be respectable rather than get hammered up hills far away from home!

Fermoy, Carrick, Raparee Cup, Collins Crit, Clonmel 2 Stage are main targets with Shannonsidey furthest trip of the year.
08-01-2019, 21:37   #23
harringtonp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahat View Post
As I'm not chasing upgrades this year or ever agon I'll pick n choose where I go with all the local races done for sure.

I'll lilkely travel to places I know and where I may be respectable rather than get hammered up hills far away from home!

Fermoy, Carrick, Raparee Cup, Collins Crit, Clonmel 2 Stage are main targets with Shannonsidey furthest trip of the year.
Yes it's nice not to be chasing an upgrade. Seen guys driving themselves mad doing so.

The main buzz for me has been repeating races I like and trying a couple of new ones each year.

Lot to be said for going with flow. I usually do a little over 10 open races each year (2 of them being stage) and wonder how guys manage to keep.going week in and out.
08-01-2019, 21:46   #24
dahat

Quote:
Originally Posted by harringtonp View Post
Yes it's nice not to be chasing an upgrade. Seen guys driving themselves mad doing so.

The main buzz for me has been repeating races I like and trying a couple of new ones each year.

Lot to be said for going with flow. I usually do a little over 10 open races each year (2 of them being stage) and wonder how guys manage to keep.going week in and out.
I'll have some sort of plan alright but I'll be realistic with races as no point emptying the body on unsuitable courses.

Wexford 2 day could be something at year end depending on form & if we had a few lads going.
Advertisement
09-01-2019, 05:51   #25
CramCycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahat View Post
I'll have some sort of plan alright but I'll be realistic with races as no point emptying the body on unsuitable courses.

Wexford 2 day could be something at year end depending on form & if we had a few lads going.
Wexford 2 day is savage craic. You can also try their other races earlier in the year for a taste as they cover similar circuits to stage 1
10-01-2019, 13:57   #26
fondriest

Quote:
Wexford 2 day is savage craic. You can also try their other races earlier in the year for a taste as they cover similar circuits to stage 1
I was told yesterday that even though its in the calendar the Wexford 2 day is very unlikely to happen.
10-01-2019, 14:26   #27
CramCycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fondriest View Post
I was told yesterday that even though its in the calendar the Wexford 2 day is very unlikely to happen.
Again?!? I heard the same rumours last year and they pulled it a few days before payday. My family will be happy but that's it. I wonder could they just run it as three separate events with the yellow jersey being an unofficial token at the end, would cut down on costs immensely I imagine.
10-01-2019, 15:24   #28
Taxuser1

in fairness to the wexford lads (across the county) they always put on races. see the Masters champs are in Gorey this year. never rode Gorey so wonder what kind of road circuits are down there, hilly or flat?
10-01-2019, 15:42   #29
TGD

No Rás Tailteann?? Anyone know what’s happening, or not?
10-01-2019, 17:14   #30
sullzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGD View Post
No RTailteann?? Anyone know what’s happening, or not?
It's on the calendar for 19th May start.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion